Hotel California or Guest House in Jarabacoa

Susan Montgomery

Nov 14, 2014
Hi,
Is anyone familiar with the Hotel California in Jarabacoa? I found their website but only way to contact them is by calling. I'm curious about rooms and cost for a family of 5.
Also does anyone have any insight about the Guest House in Jarabacoa?
Thanks.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Rancho Baiguate

Check out Rancho Baiguate.

I think they have family rooms and you have all available tour leaving right form the ranch, nice place.

Hi,
Is anyone familiar with the Hotel California in Jarabacoa? I found their website but only way to contact them is by calling. I'm curious about rooms and cost for a family of 5.
Thanks.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Hi,
Thanks.

Stayed in Hotel California a couple of years ago. Rooms were not bad, basic! good price, parking etc. don't remember the cost but was not that expensive. less than 40 if I remember. that was for a room with 2 full size beds.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Hi,
Thanks.

Stayed in Hotel California a couple of years ago. Rooms were not bad, basic! good price, parking etc. don't remember the cost but was not that expensive. less than 40 if I remember. that was for a room with 2 full size beds.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
All good information, Tim at Jarabacoa Guest house is an excellent guy and knows the area really well and his accommodations are in a decent area. He speaks English, Spanish, and German. I haven't been in his rooms so cant comment but his coffee is excellent.
Hotel California is ok.
What are your expectations? Do you want meals and adventure or just a safe and inexpensive place to stay?

Susan Montgomery

Nov 14, 2014
Hi Bob, Yes Tim seems like a great host. I have been in email contact with him. We are a family of five traveling to the DR.
We plan to do some excursions while in Jarabacoa - rafting and hiking. Tim has agreed to help set us with rafting and
his prices are very reasonable. I'm just curious about activities where his guest house is. Can we walk around Jarabacoa
and/or get to the hiking path easily? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Gracias.

anarquista

Dec 15, 2004
The neighborhood is pretty quiet - there isn't much to do in the immediate area (besides colmados, looking at cute houses, etc). You'd have to drive for a bit to reach any of the major attractions.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I stopped there and checked out the rooms at Hotel California.. did not seem like much except a motel like arrangement. If I were travelling with a family, I would go with Rancho Baiguate which has lovely grounds, a pool, a river, food included, river rafting, etc.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You can check in any time you like, but you can never leave...............................Welcome to the Hotel California! Sorry couldn't resist.