Dogs trained in search and rescue

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
I understand there is only 1 dog trained for search and rescue, so called scent dogs, on this island. Does anyone know of any other dog? a dog training school perhaps?

I am trying to help on the search for Patrick Brown and posted a new thread so that people who don't follow the Brown story may answer on the dog thread.

Thanks

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Here is a "TIP"!
POST THE GUYS PICTURE ON THE DR TV STATIONS, AND IN THE newspapers here.
OFFER A CASH REWARD OF 50,000 pesos to whoever can find him.
You will then have 2,6 million "Search & Rescue" Dominicans combing the countryside for him in 5 minutes!!!!!!

I HAVE never SEEN A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE DESPERATELY SEARCH FOR SOMEONE DO EVERYTHING WRONG THEY POSSIBLY CAN TO FIND THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to hear the real,..."BACK STORY" on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Here is a "TIP"!
POST THE GUYS PICTURE ON THE DR TV STATIONS, AND IN THE newspapers here.
OFFER A CASH REWARD OF 50,000 pesos to whoever can find him.
You will then have 2,6 million "Search & Rescue" Dominicans combing the countryside for him in 5 minutes!!!!!!

I HAVE never SEEN A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE DESPERATELY SEARCH FOR SOMEONE DO EVERYTHING WRONG THEY POSSIBLY CAN TO FIND THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to hear the real,..."BACK STORY" on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I have to heartily agree with this most LOGICAL concept..
You got a NATION of POOR PEOPLE , with nothing to do, who would love to get a shot at the reward $
.... but NO, lets FLY IN SOME DOGS, from somewhere else..and lets use Helicopters, which are also in very short supply, to find a guy who is already running and PARANOID.

yeagh, that makes perfect sense..
and WE are the " insensitive " ones who dont care...
SMH..

kbrown

May 2, 2015
Press Release for the Dominican Republic and Canada

My dear friends, my name is Kenneth Brown and I am speaking on behalf of my brother and the Brown family. We would like to convey our heartfelt gratitude to the people of the Dominican Republic; without you Patrick Brown would still be lost.

We would like to thank the following people:

General Richard Vasquez Jimenez of The Dominican Air Force and all of the men and women under his command
Leon Alter Founder of ILASA and his team of volunteers
A2 Air Force Intelligence
The National Police and their K9 Unit, Molina K9, Ramon Molina and Yuna
The dedicated officers of the Tourist Police CESTUR
The compassionate volunteers of the Maimon and Puerto Plata Civil Defense
Jose and all the people from Guananico and Maimon who helped with all their hearts.
North Coast Crime Stoppers, volunteers and NGOs
The Honorary Consul for Canada, Mr. Tim Hall from the Canadian Consulate in Puerto Plata and his amazing staff for expediting Patrick’s Documentation.
The Vice Minister of Tourism for the north coast Dominican Republic Julio Almonte
The Foreign Affairs Minister, and staff in Canada

A very special, heartfelt thank you goes out to Leon Alter originally from Canada. He is Founder and President of (ILASA) International Law and Security Association and the Founder of North Coast Crime Stoppers Dominican Republic.

We started our social media campaign hoping and praying that we would find someone to organize our ground search. Leon, you have been fantastic! You have gone above and beyond.

We are so grateful to everyone who participated, everyone is important. Leon’s direction and liaison skills, SAR and military experience, local military and government connections and command of the English and Spanish language made all the difference. Not only bringing my brother back to our family, but bringing our two countries closer together.

Countless people were involved in this rescue effort. Each and every one of you contributed to the retrieval of my missing brother Patrick Brown. Thank you to all of you who helped in the successful search and rescue operation for our loved one. Our family will never forget you.

To show our appreciation; our family has started to implement donations in support of the Dominican Republic to improve Emergency Response.

For the Civil Defence Units: shirts and hats, approximately 20 pairs of binoculars, 120 utility knives and approximately 50 radios. With these tools, we hope to increase the effectiveness of the Civil Defence Force no matter the emergency.

We will be paying for the training of two additional K9 units and providing dog food for a year.

We are also making a donation to the orphanage Casa De Ninos Felices in Sosua Dominican Republic.

In our meeting, General Richard Vasquez Jimenez announced the creation of a dedicated Search and Rescue Team for the North Coast that will be organized by the Air Force and Leon Alter of ILASA.

To the people of the Dominican Republic; when our family’s hearts were broken; all of you stepped up and gave us your hearts. You will always be brothers and sisters to our family. You have been so generous and kind to us in every way, we feel our two countries have a new bond between them and we all pulled together during a very stressful time for our family. We will share our gratitude with everyone we talk to when we return to Canada and celebrate what you have achieved for us. We will definitely travel to the Dominican Republic in the future with our friends and family, and we will encourage others to visit and see what your beautiful country and amazing people have to offer.

At this time, we respectfully request privacy for our family to allow for our recuperation and joyful reunion.
Chat conversation end

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
what about nominating CCCCCCCCCCCCCologne to head up the 'Thank the Dominicans' committee ?

he can manage the donations that will be coming from the Brown family.

just a thought............