ebay to sosua

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi I usually use encargo when I buy stuff in the US to get it here
But what ebay? Do I have to use encargo as well or can I give my address here as ebay mentions prices for shipping?
:)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this subject was discussed to death. success rate is low, it takes more time and is more expensive (often shipping within USA is free). no reason to try to reinvent the wheel.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just to add, we have quite recently received a package that was sent to DR from asia. seller's mistake, actually. it arrived in one piece but took few months and, judging by stamps/seals passed through mexico, panama and USA.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
But what if the shipping is made by special services like USPS, can it be sent directly to my house in DR?
I guess is got nothing to do with the dominican post office

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
But what if the shipping is made by special services like USPS, can it be sent directly to my house in DR?

Yes, you can, but I don't think you will like how much it costs to use DHL, UPS and/or FedEx.

$$$.00

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Ebay has a Global Shipping Program. It depends on the seller to offer this option. I have sent packages to Australia and Mexico with no problem. Ebay GSP: Using the Global Shipping Program

You cant also message the seller to see if they will add the GSP option to an item.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
why are people so stubborn with this shipping to DR crap? yeah, it may occasionally work. no, i would never use it to send anything of value. why fix a solution that is not broken? sending to shipper in USA is fast, safe and reliable.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes and at great expense versus the Miami area freight forwarders.

With USPS there is a great risk of not getting the delivery at all. Fedex and UPS will deliver but at great expense.

Last edited:

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi I usually use encargo when I buy stuff in the US to get it here
But what ebay? Do I have to use encargo as well or can I give my address here as ebay mentions prices for shipping?

You have to be sure that the seller on ebay will ship anywhere in the world otherwise you need to go the forwarding route and request a receipt, in the shipment, from the seller.