Complements to the DR1 news team

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I want to send out my complements and respect to the DR1 news team on the excellence of their coverage of local events. Not only have they been selecting stories of the most importance, but they are giving them a depth of coverage which those stories deserve, taking information from several local sources.

As a credentialled international journalism, I wish them to know that what they have been doing is.. really.. journalism at the highest level. Granted, they are not on the streets perhaps getting the stories first hand. But they are working, as a team,to get a full perspective of the situation on the ground.

This is not easy work. The team must be up and about before the roosters, must have an in depth understanding of the nation, and a very deep grasp of both English and Spanish.

I know from experience that DR1 pays well and promptly.

But I

did want those of you who are actually doing the work every day..

that your excellent work is appreciated.

thank you

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I'll also admit to looking here on DR1 first for updates on news in the DR. Thanks!

Irie

Aug 15, 2014
I have to agree with your sentiments. Being relatively new here, I find the information concise, useful, and I always know where to go to peel back another layer of that onion should I choose.

A big thanks to JDjones for turning me on to the auto email aspect.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
MA, i concur wholeheartedly with your commentary, and it is nice to know that someone opened a thread to give credit where it is due. far too often we simply take good things for granted.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.