Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Complements to the DR1 news team

I want to send out my complements and respect to the DR1 news team on the excellence of their coverage of local events. Not only have they been selecting stories of the most importance, but they are giving them a depth of coverage which those stories deserve, taking information from several local sources.

As a credentialled international journalism, I wish them to know that what they have been doing is.. really.. journalism at the highest level. Granted, they are not on the streets perhaps getting the stories first hand. But they are working, as a team,to get a full perspective of the situation on the ground.

This is not easy work. The team must be up and about before the roosters, must have an in depth understanding of the nation, and a very deep grasp of both English and Spanish.

I know from experience that DR1 pays well and promptly.

But I

did want those of you who are actually doing the work every day..

that your excellent work is appreciated.

thank you

2. Likes Matilda, Chirimoya, Rosss, granca, Bob K and 5 others liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll also admit to looking here on DR1 first for updates on news in the DR. Thanks!

4. Likes mountainannie liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with your sentiments. Being relatively new here, I find the information concise, useful, and I always know where to go to peel back another layer of that onion should I choose.

A big thanks to JDjones for turning me on to the auto email aspect.

6. Likes mountainannie liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

MA, i concur wholeheartedly with your commentary, and it is nice to know that someone opened a thread to give credit where it is due. far too often we simply take good things for granted.

8. Likes mountainannie liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

LMAO I thought you were talking about donp and dv8, but you mean the actual news area? I never look there, guess I should.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the appreciation. What makes the difference is the dedication of the team.

For those who have missed the news in the past, see the archives at DR1 - January to December 2015 News Archive

A daily news subscription can be requested by adding your email at Dominican Republic News & Travel Information Service (left box).

I would also like to congratulate the DR1 Forums news team. Without fail they are on target to release breaking news.

11. Likes Matilda liked this post