Another "Medical Tourism" Death

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Not an accident!

It seems the problems with these cases always involve lipo....

... and most of times Dominicanas (often from the US) who want it cheap(er).
In the US at least her parents would get millions of $$$$, here 'nada' ( = 'acidente').

What a shame and great pity!
Such a beautiful girl.
R.I.P.

donP

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It is a sad state of affairs when 23 year old girls as pretty as she is feel the need for plastic surgery of any kind.
May she rest in peace.
Hopefully some of her friends thinking about having any procedures done will learn from this tragedy

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Contreras is known as dominican's most famous butcher. I cant understand why after several deaths, women still continue visiting his clinic. and why authorities do not close this place.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
A 23-year old going getting liposuction-typical combination of vanity and laziness that I see with way too many young, pretty girls-

14bkrk1.jpg

She could have gone to a gym for as cheap as $10-15 dollars a month and lose whatever weight she thought she needed to lose (or was told to lose by a boyfriend, the one who probably funded her trip and surgery) very quickly.

The metabolism of someone this young, along with a bit of exercise and dieting would have done the trick. There was no need for this tragedy to have occurred.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A 23-year old going getting liposuction-typical combination of vanity and laziness that I see with way too many young, pretty girls-

14bkrk1.jpg

She could have gone to a gym for as cheap as $10-15 dollars a month and lose whatever weight she thought she needed to lose (or was told to lose by a boyfriend, the one who probably funded her trip and surgery) very quickly.

The metabolism of someone this young, along with a bit of exercise and dieting would have done the trick. There was no need for this tragedy to have occurred.

absolutely, Berzin. there are more gyms in POP than bookstores, and i guess it is the same everywhere. 600 pesos per month.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I have a colleague who went to the DR to get lipo on her waste. It looks good but so totally unnatural it's ridiculous, because she's tall and slim and has a nice behind. The effect is really exaggerated.

I guess she did this to accentuate her posterior, but it looks cartoonish.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
it's boring. if i had money i would do some fixin' even tomorrow. why work hard for something if you can buy it? duh.

I guess I'm just a little more old fashioned.. I have a good time working out and don't find it at all boring.. My wife and I also enjoy our time together in the gym and I do so love her gym toned body.. Ya can't Buy that. Anything worth having is worth working for.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) ? Dominican authorities have shut down a plastic surgery clinic as they investigate the death of a U.S. woman who traveled to the Caribbean country to undergo a liposuction procedure, officials said Sunday.

The prosecutor's office in Santo Domingo said the 23-year-old woman traveled to the Dominican Republic two days before her April 23 procedure but did not disclose where she was from in the U.S.

U.S. woman dies - Dominican-plastic-surgery-clinic