Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Campo Justice

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Campo Justice

Sometimes I feel like we're living in the Old West - every man for himself. No laws.

You might remember that our female rottie killed a pig awhile ago, and the owner threatened to poison our dogs [even though his pig came onto our property]. We paid him for his dead pig anyway.

Our caretaker raises fighting roosters, keeps them caged most of the time, and sometimes outside on a long rope tied to one leg [on our property]. Today one of them got loose, and decided to fly over our block wall into the neighbor's yard. It attacked their rooster, and killed it. They grabbed his rooster, killed it, then threw both dead bodies over the wall into our finca.

So neighborly....... Mr. Rogers would be disappointed.

Administrator
    DR1.com

2. Likes Harleysrock, irishpaddy liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

what...fried chic ken if i was involved...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL !!!

When the next door guy's roosters come over into my conuco ( they seem to prefer flowers and trees rather than plastic bottles, glass shards and all,sorts of garbage.....strange, no ? ).
    My dogs bring them to me to cook for them, already emptied of blood and half un-feathered ).
    I need to stop indulging them, so it doesnt happen too often ( even though I already sorted the neighbour out...).

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

An eye for an eye. But what stupid neighbors! They should've kept the rooster and made a good asopao.

6. Likes Harleysrock, curlando liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

apart from killing an animal, or a man, the biggest joy of a peasant is cutting down trees. jules renard, journals, 1902.

i think about it often here.

8. Likes mountainannie liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Sometimes I feel like we're living in the Old West - every man for himself. No laws.
    This is exactly how our first landlord described this place when we first set foot in the DR.

It is both this islands appeal and downfall. You'll love it when it's working for you, hate it when it is not.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Friendly Neighbours

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    ... They grabbed his rooster, killed it, then threw both dead bodies over the wall into our finca.
    Your friendly neighbours are probably now teaming up and sue you for killing their roosters...
    Best roosters they ever had, worth millions...

donP

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chic View Post
    what...fried chic ken if i was involved...
    I second this statement!

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bronzeallspice View Post
    An eye for an eye. But what stupid neighbors! They should've kept the rooster and made a good asopao.
    You must remember our neighbors bronzie - not the sharpest tools in the shed.

The first thing I asked when Mr. AE told me what happened was why didn't anyone cook the roosters. I was told they were out there too long and were hard. I mean really, people around us are always griping about being hungry, and they throw 2 perfectly good roosters over a wall???

Administrator
    DR1.com

13. Likes bronzeallspice, AnnaC liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

no Gunfight?
    strange peaceful Campo where you live.
    btw, how did the Pig manage to come over the wall to the Finca?, lol.
    yes, i assume that a finca is not completely shut off the campo by a 10ft all around wall.

Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast