Campo Justice

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sometimes I feel like we're living in the Old West - every man for himself. No laws.

You might remember that our female rottie killed a pig awhile ago, and the owner threatened to poison our dogs [even though his pig came onto our property]. We paid him for his dead pig anyway.

Our caretaker raises fighting roosters, keeps them caged most of the time, and sometimes outside on a long rope tied to one leg [on our property]. Today one of them got loose, and decided to fly over our block wall into the neighbor's yard. It attacked their rooster, and killed it. They grabbed his rooster, killed it, then threw both dead bodies over the wall into our finca.

So neighborly....... Mr. Rogers would be disappointed.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
LOL !!!

When the next door guy's roosters come over into my conuco ( they seem to prefer flowers and trees rather than plastic bottles, glass shards and all,sorts of garbage.....strange, no ?:laugh: ).
My dogs bring them to me to cook for them, already emptied of blood and half un-feathered ).
I need to stop indulging them, so it doesnt happen too often ( even though I already sorted the neighbour out...).

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
An eye for an eye. But what stupid neighbors! They should've kept the rooster and made a good asopao.:classic:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
apart from killing an animal, or a man, the biggest joy of a peasant is cutting down trees. jules renard, journals, 1902.

i think about it often here.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Sometimes I feel like we're living in the Old West - every man for himself. No laws.

This is exactly how our first landlord described this place when we first set foot in the DR.

It is both this islands appeal and downfall. You'll love it when it's working for you, hate it when it is not.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Friendly Neighbours

... They grabbed his rooster, killed it, then threw both dead bodies over the wall into our finca.

Your friendly neighbours are probably now teaming up and sue you for killing their roosters... :cross-eye
Best roosters they ever had, worth millions...

donP

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
An eye for an eye. But what stupid neighbors! They should've kept the rooster and made a good asopao.:classic:

You must remember our neighbors bronzie - not the sharpest tools in the shed.

The first thing I asked when Mr. AE told me what happened was why didn't anyone cook the roosters. I was told they were out there too long and were hard. I mean really, people around us are always griping about being hungry, and they throw 2 perfectly good roosters over a wall???

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no Gunfight?
strange peaceful Campo where you live.
btw, how did the Pig manage to come over the wall to the Finca?, lol.
yes, i assume that a finca is not completely shut off the campo by a 10ft all around wall.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hard or not the roosters would be good for a broth and a base for any soup. fools.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Gotta go with your neighbors on this one.
Except throwing them back over the wall.
Just like fruit on a tree, if it's over/in your yard, It's yours!!!!

Here is a GREAT STORY!!!!!
About 10 years ago, I caught a neighbor using a long pole, with a basket on the end, to steal avocados of one of my trees.
They were NOT over any part of his property.
I grabbed the pole, it is a high wall and he couldn't see what I was doing.
About 2 hours later I threw his pole and basket back into his yard.
Never had any "Problemos" after that day.
"Fast Forward" to last year, he was up on a step ladder , once again, stealing avocados, not from me, but from a different neighbor.
He suffers a stroke, and is left hanging on top of the ladder.
The huge crowd gathers, like always, and he is taken down, to a hospital, where he is pronounced "Dead On Arrival"!!!!!!!!!!!

"Arroyo Hondo Justice"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they sat that "Eating Avocados" is good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

And people ask me why I live in the DR?????????????

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I repair the broken relationship with the neighbor. Buy him a new rooster and apologize. Getting along with neighbors even when they are jerks is more important than who is right. Tossing the cadavers was probably an inpulsive act. For me there is nothing worse than a long term war with the neighbors.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
yep own a home in the capital of wonderful - Sosua. We have two jerks for neighbors, three if you count his wife. They are the living scum of the earth, Dom lawyers. We get on with both of them. Of course we have the usual ten foot stone wall. One of them even has a row of beautiful avocado trees that hang over the fence onto our property so no need to steal any.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We have a Pediatrician, with three girls living on one side and a multi-generation family living on the other side. The multi-generation family my wife has known all her life. They are loud but good neighbours- grandpa keeps an eye on the whole neighbourhood while he's selling hotdogs in front of his house. The old guy that lives across the road next to my MIL also keeps an eye on everything and his dogs scare the bee Jesus out of strangers at night. During the day they're pussycats.
The people that live behind me are thieves, but everyone knows they are thieves, and they know everyone knows they are thieves. They thieve elsewhere.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have retired alcoholics to the left and just alcoholics to the right. lovely people.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i have retired alcoholics to the left and just alcoholics to the right. lovely people.

DV,
i knew that high end European girls like you always live in high end luxurious 'hoods, lol.
at least it sounds that you do not need to drive long ways to find a drink in case you run out of alc in the evening, haha.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i could only get into their rum supply over their dead bodies. it's a hunch that i have, you know.