Bracing for Labor Day holiday

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I manage a small hotel on the North Coast and every year, we are packed for Labor Day. It's almost as "festive" as Semana Santa. We've just about recovered, in terms of maintenance, from SS, and here we go again.

Three nights of loud music, epic rum consumption, and masses of children peeing in the pool. I never liked people much, and life in the hospitality biz has turned me into even more of a misanthrope.

Let the festivities begin!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I love your vocabulary. As a "misanthrope" you have an instant friend in ccccccccccc.
Also, put some chemicals in that pool, no one likes the pee.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Better than complaining,..."The hotel was empty all week"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The HELL with the "KIDS", how much "PEE" can they make????
It's the adults who do the damage!!!!!

There are two kinds of people, THOSE who admit they "Pee In The Pool",...AND,....LIERS"!!!!

I'm in the first group!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ps,...."RV",can you help me out with "LIERS"????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::laugh:

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Then you'd better brace for Memorial Day weekend next month as well. Puerto Plata has become just as popular as Cancun with the Memorial Day partiers.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
pee from a healthy adult is sterile, you can drink it.................bottoms up

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
I think they make a chemical that turns a bright color when somebody pees in the pool, instantly identifying the offender.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
A small sign near the pool warning of the chemical and subsequent public shame would cut down 97% of it.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Explained at check-in with their native language.

In fact, you could skip the expense of the chemical and just have the sign and check-in statement and get the same compliance.

(Disclaimer: I sell these signs and fake cedulas on my Silkroad website)

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
i checked with google, and no such chemical exists.

Like they're going to know that?

"blah blah, pool MAY contain benign chemical dispersant that identifies...blah blah."

Our goal is to reduce pool urine and make guests feel that proactive measures are being taken to protect them from icky stuff.

Is it not?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Like they're going to know that?

very true......

they would not care, anyway. when you gotta go, you gotta go.

my advice to the OP is to get a pooper scooper, too. solid waste has been known to be found floating in pools in this area whenever these mass invasions take plave.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I manage a small hotel on the North Coast and every year, we are packed for Labor Day. It's almost as "festive" as Semana Santa. We've just about recovered, in terms of maintenance, from SS, and here we go again.

Three nights of loud music, epic rum consumption, and masses of children peeing in the pool. I never liked people much, and life in the hospitality biz has turned me into even more of a misanthrope.

Let the festivities begin!
I sell paper for a living. Next month is when companies will start buying their paper for the end of year paper needs, I hate that time, so much sales, I can't even decently finish a sales order because I have to make 10 more. :eek:

Aug 6, 2006
Pee is largely harmless, and in a pool would be too diluted to small or to otherwise affect the swimmers. But the idea of swimming in someone else's pee is disgusting.

Since the thought is swimming in pee is the problem, then it would seem that mentioning it would be the wrong thing to do.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Pee is largely harmless, and in a pool would be too diluted to small or to otherwise affect the swimmers. But the idea of swimming in someone else's pee is disgusting.

Since the thought is swimming in pee is the problem, then it would seem that mentioning it would be the wrong thing to do.

That's a good point but I disagree. If done in a subtle fashion, I think it's a win from a marketing and customer retention perspective.

We know it's happening everywhere but this hotel has a handle on it. If I thought there was a risk of a massive yellow pee cloud erupting around me I would hold it for awhile. And so would everyone else...well except for CCCCC, who would try and sell his own urine to the tourists.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
It always amazed me at some of the resorts here that we have been to. I can sit for hours and watch people at the swim-up bar double fisting drinks back to back and never get up and go to the bathroom. I remember one time in Punta Cana I overheard some guests complaining that they close the pool too early. One of the resort workers turned around and told them "trust me by 7p you do not want to be swimming in that water".