most effective thing to get rid of sucking lice/ other insects in....CAT

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
What is the best that works here ?
I bought some powder from Bayer, used it two times so far (every 2 days), but it doesnt seem to work 100 %.
cat still has lice and its suborder - "mallophaga".

is some shampoo better ? :) oh and cat is young, is 4 months old.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I was just goimg to suggest bolfo polvo of bayer, but I now see u tried......works great for me ( on dogs ). Use every 2 days for a week....... and groom, its great for bonding....

deepdiver

Jun 18, 2011
i use hivermectin on my dog every month no problens but be carefull with the cat as it is so young

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
I used it just two times as for now, and it doesnt seem to work as I would expect. I will wait until Tuesday and 2 more doses of it, we will see...
I was just goimg to suggest bolfo polvo of bayer, but I now see u tried......works great for me ( on dogs ). Use every 2 days for a week....... and groom, its great for bonding....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
taking care of a little homeless turd? i know how it feels. i suggest you give that cat a nice bath before you put any more polvo on it. but frontline is really a worthy investment if the cat hangs around a lot. i treated all our cats and necio, the not so homeless cat who felt human warmth and now tends to spend most of his time here. i still claim he is not our cat, thou.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I used it just two times as for now, and it doesnt seem to work as I would expect. I will wait until Tuesday and 2 more doses of it, we will see...

I dont know.....
I recently got 2 mini-rotties, who were flea bitten and had carapatas...... the first day, i put them in a bassin and rubbed them down with the talc.....10 mn later the bottom of the bassin was full of dead pulgas and carapatas and stuff......( some were not so dead.....).

Maybe cats react diffrently ??

Aug 6, 2006
since english is not my native language , I used the name from wikipedia..and over there it says: "sucking lice" :)

There are plant lice and marine lice. They all suck, but I do not think that all the critters called lice are closely related.
There are human lice and other varieties that prefer other species, but that would probably be happy sucking human blood as well.
The Spanish word is "piojo". So far as I know it refers to exactly the same thing as the English word "lice".

Aug 6, 2006
When I had a cat, I used a cat insect treatment called Revolution. It worked really well, even though my cat liked to lounge on the lawn where neighbohood alley cats hung out.