Having c?dula sent to embassy/consulate abroad

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Once I've applied for a citizenship c?dula in person, can I have it delivered to my nearest consulate outside of the Dominican Republic? I've never really been able to get a definitive answer to this question. Based on some of the posts on this forum it seems like it is possible. Some people have told me it's not possible but used to be and the government has changed its policy on this often. It would really help me out if I could get my documents delivered, even it was expensive. Any ideas?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
You can apply for your cedula ( in person) in any Dominican consulate when you are abroad. If you
live in the US and live in or near NYC here is the address:

Consulado Dominicano

1501 Broadway #410 New York, NY 10036

Tel: (212) 768-2480

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
As I understand, the first time u get ure DR cedula it has to be here......
Then u can get ure new one ( 10 years later:laugh: ) abroad......

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
You can apply for your cedula ( in person) in any Dominican consulate when you are abroad. If you
live in the US and live in or near NYC here is the address:

Consulado Dominicano

1501 Broadway #410 New York, NY 10036

Tel: (212) 768-2480

Based on my experience this is not entirely correct. I have been told personally by a Dominican embassy in Europe that they have nothing to do with cedulas (and have never had anything to do with them...), unless of course this has changed very recently. Most likely the lists dv8 and Matilda posted are accurate in terms of which consulates do take care of this abroad.

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Based on my experience this is not entirely correct. I have been told personally by a Dominican embassy in Europe that they have nothing to do with cedulas (and have never had anything to do with them...), unless of course this has changed very recently. Most likely the lists dv8 and Matilda posted are accurate in terms of which consulates do take care of this abroad.

What I posted is correct. I am Dominican and one of my sisters went to the Dominican Consulate
in NYC and renewed her cedula. You doubt it, call. That's why I listed the number.

I did say Consulate, not Embassy.

Last edited:

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
What I posted is correct. I am Dominican and one of my sisters went to the Dominican Consulate
in NYC and renewed her cedula. You doubt it, call. That's why I listed the number.

I did say Consulate, not Embassy.

I think there was a slight misunderstanding. I did not question the information nor the contact details in any way, but rather was just thinking if it?s the case that ALL Dominican consulates (my apologies, included also embassies here) outside of the country do this.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
I think there was a slight misunderstanding. I did not question the information nor the contact details in any way, but rather was just thinking if it?s the case that ALL Dominican consulates (my apologies, included also embassies here) outside of the country do this.

Thanks for the clarification.:) I am only aware of the Consulates in the US. But I did here in the news
that thy are making it easier now for all those with citizenship to obtain their cedula abroad, for voting purposes.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
This would be my first citizenship cedula. I've had a foreign cedula for years. I guess I'll call the consulate and ask if they issue first-time citizenship cedulas.