Dead Batteries?? Dud Batteries?? Duracell>fake?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Recently I have bought several packages of batteries which I suspect may be fakes .. since they do not work

they are labeled

duracell AAA Quantum
high density Core

blister pack

I bought them at La Cadena

in Gazcue

They do not work

caveat emptor

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
yes, I have to get back to that.. I had the whole set up when I came down here but lost them along the way

I KNOW that they are toxic and all that

will go to PriceSmart and get the set up

but it is a very expensive initial set up..

i know ..cost effective in the long run

and oh so much better for the planet

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
All the above. But I recommend EBAY over PriceSmart for this solution. The Eneloop batteries and smart charger are probably better than what Price Smart has.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i don't do ebay.. never set up an account

would perhaps buy at amazon

but sometimes i just suck up the itibis and go to pricesmart

Amazon will have them. I am talking about the quality of the batteries and chargers here. Amazon will have the Eneloops and a smart charger. I doubt Price Smart will.

Aug 6, 2006
Recently I have bought several packages of batteries which I suspect may be fakes .. since they do not work

they are labeled

duracell AAA Quantum
high density Core

blister pack

in Gazcue

They do not work

caveat emptor
==================================================
This variety of Duracell came out only recently, so the odds are that it did not drain because of age.
The possibilities are:
(1) They somehow slipped past the checking station at the factory.
(2) They were somehow drained in the package. A really strong magnet could do this.
(3) Some clever soul bought these batteries and put them back in the package and returned them to the store, perhaps for credit, or maybe just to annoy others.
If they were returned as defective, then someone at the store could have just returned them to the pegboard for sale.
It is possible that a store employee did this.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
MA, it could be that you bought expired batteries. Did you check the dates? Who knows, maybe they
are selling expired batteries to unsuspecting customers.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't do ebay.. never set up an account
would perhaps buy at amazon
but sometimes i just suck up the itibis and go to pricesmart

we bought a set of those thingies on amazon. an offer. under 40 bucks for charger and a box with various batteries.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The Amazon Basics (house brand) rechargeable batteries are very good as well and are a little cheaper than the Eneloops.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005

they are labeled

duracell AAA Quantum
high density Core

blister pack

in Gazcue

They do not work

caveat emptor

THATS WHAT HAPPENED !
I Had the same ones and put them in my AC Remote and thought the remote was kaput !
Bought at Playero !

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
and doncha just lov getting fked....ripped off batteries no good dont doms bring their device and check the batts before buying???

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com

they are labeled

duracell AAA Quantum
high density Core

blister pack

in Gazcue

They do not work

caveat emptor

VIBRATORS need "HEAVY DUTY BATTERIES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I would never buy batteries in the DR unless I had to. I try to accumulate dead batteries to bring through sti in my carry on. The scumbags that confiscate will be surprised they are dead. F those bastards.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I would never buy batteries in the DR unless I had to. I try to accumulate dead batteries to bring through sti in my carry on. The scumbags that confiscate will be surprised they are dead. F those bastards.

In 30 years I never had a battery "confiscated" from my luggage here in the DR,or in any other country.
What R U talking about???????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC