Help with Viewsonic projector

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
My viewsoninc 8200 projector just started showing a blank screen (bulb fine) could mean a fried mother board or??? Any places anyone can recommend here on the North coast who knows how to work on them???

Thanks in advance,

singletravel

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My viewsoninc 8200 projector just started showing a blank screen (bulb fine) could mean a fried mother board or??? Any places anyone can recommend here on the North coast who knows how to work on them???

Thanks in advance,

singletravel

it generally means, no input signal. try other inputs, HDMI, direct video input and vga input. then make sure you select that input as well. If the motherboard is fried, then do yourself a favor, go to ebay and buy yourself a optoma HD141x projector for 600 bucks, delivered to US address. You will be very happy with this bright 1080p projector.
AZB

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Ok the motherboard is fried, is there any place here in the DR to buy a hi-quality projector, I have clients coming in a few weeks (they rent the house) and I like to deliver on what is promised :)

Thanks,

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Go with AZB's advice and buy that Optoma. If you have a few weeks, you've got more than enough time to buy it and have it sent with one of the mail forwarding folks.

Toss the Viewsonic.

well, I did just that. Bought a HD141x and a friend brought it over for me. Picture is 20% bigger, and 20% brighter. Only drawback limited outputs, but internal speaker does a pretty good job (one hd output to the blue ray player with surround sound, other to a Roku player using the internal speaker).

Couldn't be more happier :cheeky::cheeky:

THANKS AZB!!!