Soon to be part-time, then full-time in DR

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Hello all! I enjoy and appreciate the up to date and thoughtful advice dispensed on this forum. My wife and I will be spending four months a year in the DR beginning next year and then 12 months a year a couple years after that. Looking forward to the warmer, simpler lifestyle.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Hello all! I enjoy and appreciate the up to date and thoughtful advice dispensed on this forum. My wife and I will be spending four months a year in the DR beginning next year and then 12 months a year a couple years after that. Looking forward to the warmer, simpler lifestyle.

Welcome to DR1, and congrats!

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
By simpler, I merely meant that we will no longer be working, less property to tend to, no car, and our ravenous goldfish won't be making the journey. We're assuming there will be much to absorb and learn. That is precisely why I've joined DR1 now.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
By simpler, I merely meant that we will no longer be working, less property to tend to, no car, and our ravenous goldfish won't be making the journey. We're assuming there will be much to absorb and learn. That is precisely why I've joined DR1 now.

Where in DR are you considering? How much time have you previously spent there?

Welcome to DR1!

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
We have a home on the East Coast. My wife is Dominican. We are both fluent in Spanish and have been traveling consistently to the DR since we married over 20 years ago. She has a lot of family in SD, of which three are attorneys. Even with this, we know it will be a major adjustment for us, especially me since she was born in DR. Despite that, we are looking forward to it.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
4*4*4 has been the way my wife and I have referred to our DR plan. Just a series of steps we needed to meet to realize our goal of living in the DR.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Be sure not to trade your goldfish hobby for locals. They can be more ravenous than a goldfish. :)