Spanish Tutor

Jaycee1

May 5, 2015
Hello everyone,
I live in the united States but I plan on taking a long trip to the Dominican Republic next year
and I would love to learn some Spanish before I go.
Does anyone know how I can get someone to teach me the language?

Thanks

Aug 6, 2006
Often high schools have evening classes for adults as well as community colleges. And there are a number of interactive computer courses on disc available.

You could also perhaps find someone who speaks Spanish but wants to learn English and you can get a couple of books and teach one another.

If you are going to the DR, find a Dominican. Dominican Spanish is somewhat different.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Duolingo is a good phone app.

Keep in mind that while someone can teach you, you have to learn it.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Take a local to lunch and just cover the basics of conversation slowly. At the very least, you'll have a new friend in the area.

Aug 6, 2006
The fastest way to learn vocabulary for most people is flashcards: English on one side, Spanish on the other.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello everyone,
I live in the united States but I plan on taking a long trip to the Dominican Republic next year
and I would love to learn some Spanish before I go.
Does anyone know how I can get someone to teach me the language?

Thanks

Go on EBay and buy a used set of Spanish learning cds. There are many listed for around $25 or you can find a class on line. Buena Suarte.

Jaycee1

May 5, 2015
I am going to purchase a few Spanish CDs, flashcards and the recommended books. Thanks