Hotel options when arriving to SDQ at midnight

intomyown

May 5, 2015
We will be flying into SDQ at midnight. I know we can take a taxi into Santo Domingo and stay in hotel for night, but we will be getting up the next day to take Caribe bus to Samana. Seems like a lot of backtracking in and out of town. Are there budget hotels that are near the airport and bus station that I can check into in middle of night?
Any help is appreciated.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I think you would be more of rush in the AM by staying near the Airport, no ?
.. Why not take a Cabana for a couple hours since by the time you are out of the airport it will be 1 AM anyway.. and The cabanas are closer to Caribe Tours than Las Americas Airport.
. if you check the map it makes more sense, imo.. and in a Cabana there is no "check out " procedure. Just bring your own toiletries and you should be fine..esp since you said its you and your partner only in the other post ? so no kids Im assuming.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Hotel Caribe?o in Santo Domingo

Av. 27 de febrero esquina Av. Duarte, Santo Domingo +1 809 685 3167

Old fashioned hotel with style.
Pretty used furniture, but was kind of a "grand hotel" some dozens of years ago.
May be todays administration is chinese.

Safe, restaurant with room service, pool, every taxi driver knows where it is.
Near caribe tours terminal in 27 de febrero.
Caribe tours is near, but NOT within walking distance, go there by taxi the next morning (around 200 Pesos = 5 USD).
Not exactly budget, but economic.

Alexander

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
That overnight is not very convenient, huh.
There is a comfort inn (?) 10 minutes away, but the charge over $100 per night!
The other option is staying at a decent motel in boca chica?
What we have done is stay at a hotel in the colonial zone, have an outdoor breakfast on the plaza, stock up on supplies ( smokes, sun protection,snacks) at the market in the colonial zone before heading out to samana before noon.
Where ever we stay in samana, check in is not until 3pm ish, although we have access to the grounds, but no rooms.

We stopped taking those late night flights to sdq, unless we want to hang out in the cz.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
El conde de penabla was $60 for the stay, and they have clean , nice rooms with a terrace.

intomyown

May 5, 2015
Sounds like evening and morning in Santo Domingo is best bet. I didnt even consider check in time being later. Thank you for assistance.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
he will spend a lot taxiing into SD

pay the $100 at the Comfort Inn and catch the Samana bus at the new highway terminal stop

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
That overnight is not very convenient, huh.
There is a comfort inn (?) 10 minutes away, but the charge over $100 per night!
The other option is staying at a decent motel in boca chica?
What we have done is stay at a hotel in the colonial zone, have an outdoor breakfast on the plaza, stock up on supplies ( smokes, sun protection,snacks) at the market in the colonial zone before heading out to samana before noon.
Where ever we stay in samana, check in is not until 3pm ish, although we have access to the grounds, but no rooms.

We stopped taking those late night flights to sdq, unless we want to hang out in the cz.

It's a Quality Inn that is close to the airport. The next morning have a taxi take you to the small bus depot (about 15 min) just before the entrance to the Santo Domingo-Samana Highway. You can pick up the bus there.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
The closest safest adequate reasonably priced hotel to the airport that I have found is on the east side of SD...Acuarium Resort Hotel about $60. Its not a 5 star but its a quick all highway trip to and from the airport.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Can someone post the exact location of this Caribe bus Stop on Highway #7 which takes you to Samana..
the other question is, what if the Bus is still filled from the main Bus Stop (Av. 27 de Febrero) in Santo Domingo ?

or do i have this all wrong.. ?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
It is at the entrance to the toll road, about 6 minutes from SDQ if you don't miss the turn. All Cabbies know where. When you buy your ticket they know how many seats are needed for the stop. Not all of the departures from the city go via the toll road, I believe 5 of them do.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you need the bus that uses the toll road = faster

can you purchase in advance ? thereby reserving a seat.

see the schedule posted earlier.... 8:30 & 10 :30 AM out of SD and then 2 more in the afternoon....
they will not all be full

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
I was able to reserve a seat online on a Caribe Tour bus to Samana. The bus left from the station. I don't know if you can reserve a seat online from the bus stop but it's worth a try to go to the web site and see.