Gran Bahia El Portillo

milleniunthug

Jul 2, 2006
i am planning a trip to Las Terrenas for vacation, could anyone give me some info on Gran Bahia El Portillo.
also any info on a car rental place.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
We live in Puerto Plata and have visited El Portillo several times over the years. We LOVE it. You might google Tripadvisor for reviews.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
We live in Puerto Plata and have visited El Portillo several times over the years. We LOVE it. You might google Tripadvisor for reviews.
I second it. We as well had been several times in Gran Bahia Principe and liked it.
With car rental no experience, we always used the local buses\gua-guas.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
pretty standard All - incl as I recall..... 8 yrs ago we spent a few days there

they all have good beaches in that area and you can walk the beach all the way to las Terranas.

milleniunthug

Jul 2, 2006
Thank you for the replies.
I've read Tripadvisor reviews, but I also like to go out of that forum for additional reviews.

sixsticks

Feb 28, 2011
El portillo

If you go into town, Maria has a car rental at fair prices. We have used her rentals often. She is beside the police station. I'll try to find her email.
Also we've stayed in town last 3 trips, but loved the el p on previous visits. As posted by others, standard AI, great beach & I think there's been improvements over the last couple of years. DO go into town!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
i am planning a trip to Las Terrenas for vacation, could anyone give me some info on Gran Bahia El Portillo.
also any info on a car rental place.

Gran Bahia El Portillo is very nice but it is a distance from town. Las Terrenas has many great restaurants, Italian, French and German. You might want to consider also staying at Hotel Aliesi or Hotel Colibri on Playa Las Ballenas. These are not all inclusive but on a much nicer beach. If you are flying into El Catey Airport (AZS) or even Santo Domingo (SDQ) you might want to consider renting a car at the airport. This is very convenient for pick up and drop off and will save you the money of getting transportation from the airport to LT. As an example it is $70 one way from El Catey airport to LT. Good luck.