Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Living in Dominican Republic

Dear Friends,
    I want to live in dominican republic. What should I do to live in Dr forever ? How can I get a job as a tourist ? Please help me about it. I really want to come to DR and I want to live there!

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to say "stay wherever you are", there are no jobs for tourists. You need residency to work, but DR IS NOT THE PLACE TO COME IF YOU NEED TO WORK TO LIVE THERE.

Sorry.

Administrator
    DR1.com

3. Likes Krishna Duddukuri, MikeFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the anwers!!! If I can be a resident. then Can I find a job to live ? or I can speak english fluently. I think it helps me . Do you think that ? or If I can with around 10.000 dollars. Can I do my own job ? Is that enough money for it ?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

First, welcome to DR1!

A good place to start is here: http://dr1.com/forums/living/112283-...-republic.html

It's a long thread, but contains lots of really good information as far as how much you'll need to get along in various areas.

My advice is to take a portion of that 10k, and come down for a month or two. See how you really like it, and only then try to figure out how to make a living in DR. See if you really want the non-tourist lifestyle, or just need to get "caribbean fever" out of your system.

The majority of people who do live here obtain their money from non-DR sources (i.e., pensions, social security, investments, online businesses or outsourcing.) It is very difficult for someone who doesn't have a deep understanding of local business practices and/or come from one of the well-connected Dominican cliques to do well there.

6. Likes dulce, Bob K, sabra, Harleysrock, MikeFisher liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I've a feeling you're gunna end up blowing that 10G and be back to square one in 6 months. If you're looking for a life changing move, for the better, on $10,000 the DR is not the place. It will rape you and your bank account and kick you out of bed penniless.
    If you have nothing to offer DR then think of somewhere you do instead of wasting your money on a fantasy. It's sh1t trying to scratch a living.

Back to the drawing board!

8. Likes TP666, Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sniff Sniff....I smell a sock.....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Twee and Dainty

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdidier View Post
    ...or If I can with around 10.000 dollars. Can I do my own job ? Is that enough money for it ?
    10,000USD?
    How cute.....

donP

11. Likes TP666, Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything is possible
    Meet a rich Brugal chica ( or a girl from any other wealthy Dominican family) then I'D say, yes you can do it......But $10,000 US may buy you a year, if you live on the cheap (rice and beans and no dates)

13. Likes TP666, Krishna Duddukuri liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
    Sniff Sniff....I smell a sock.....
    Wrong, move on....

15. Likes TP666, Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdidier View Post
    Thanks for the anwers!!! If I can be a resident. then Can I find a job to live ? or I can speak english fluently. I think it helps me . Do you think that ? or If I can with around 10.000 dollars. Can I do my own job ? Is that enough money for it ?
    Dear Dazed and Confused:

What have you been smokin'? Come back to the forum when you sober up.

17. Likes TP666 liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast