Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Electricity Outages >Edenorte/Maybe Other Regions Also >UP & DOWN-WTH?

For the past week or more, Edenorte has had probs.

I, & many long term residents here, were happy that we, (supplied by Edenorte), didn't have our ' normal weekly',
    maintenance 'cut off', each Tuesday- (Used to be another day, but never mind = DUH!)

This evening, Wednesday, we did not have NOT have a regular supply, (Up & Down like a Parson with a Virgin..)..

I am sick of this chit, and would welcome any comments from those that live in Sosua, especially
    La Multata/Cabarete/La Cienaga areas

No silly prats comments are welcome...

Only those that are experiencing similar probs, that will help other members on DR1. will be respected..

& Thank You in advance, for any constructive comments, as to WHY, ..this is going on at the mo. and continues to do so...

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely you can pick up the phone, explain who you are and get reconnected, no?

3. Likes donP, zoomzx11 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybird View Post
    For the past week or more, Edenorte has had probs.

I, & many long term residents here, were happy that we, (supplied by Edenorte), didn't have our ' normal weekly',
    maintenance 'cut off', each Tuesday- (Used to be another day, but never mind = DUH!)

This evening, Wednesday, we did not have NOT have a regular supply, (Up & Down like a Parson with a Virgin..)..

I am sick of this chit, and would welcome any comments from those that live in Sosua, especially
    La Multata/Cabarete/La Cienaga areas

No silly prats comments are welcome...

Only those that are experiencing similar probs, that will help other members on DR1. will be respected..

& Thank You in advance, for any constructive comments, as to WHY, ..this is going on at the mo. and continues to do so...

This should be no surprise. You are after all in the DR. The Gov does not want to pay to have 24/7 continuous power because they simply can't afford to do so. Power supply should be privately run. There would be more of a profit incentive but most likely higher costs to cover those who don't pay their bills. The only thing you can do is set up a backup generator or solar and go off the grid.

5. Likes DR1Admin, Criss Colon liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It WAS private run just a decade or so ago. It was worse than it is now.

7. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

my guess is that consumption has increased during the heatwave.
    fridges working harder, a/c & fans running more often & even pumps working longer to fill pools & for more showers etc.
    the infrastructure is ancient with minimal maintenance.
    no surprise for long-term residents!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Calling Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Especially as she is well connected to generals, secret service, etc.
    I do not see a problem......

Quote Originally Posted by msmfgf View Post
    no surprise for long-term residents!
    She is a longtime resident... but every once a while comes up with newbie questions... usually around midnight...

donP

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybird View Post
    One simply needs to live here for more than a decade...=during that time, one makes connections..
    SIMPLE AS THAT..

donP

11. Likes Bred, kampinge, sirlurksalot liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

msmfgf,

What you said.

We can't do much about maintenance shutdowns, but as evidenced by Claro installing fiber in some communities before the area as a whole, some pressure can be brought to bear on EdeNorte by affluent communities who pay their bills to limit the disruptions where possible and come back up faster than other less "organised" neighborhoods in some cases.

The generation/distribution system obviously needs work. They obviously need stable cash flow to perform the necessary upgrades after "they" stuff their pockets and the pockets of "others" of course. If a steady supply of energia is important to someone, then they need to have a kickass inverter and as many batteries as they can afford, solar panels for those where that makes sense. It's important to stay on top of your energy consumption. As you plug more things in that you consider essential, you need to be adding capacity to your backup power system at the same time or just take the plunge and install equipment that exceeds your needs by a large margin and grow into it over time.

I was swearing at EdeNorte just the other day when the power was up and down about three times in 15 minutes for a couple of minutes each time. I really start to swear about hour 7 or 8 into an extended outage as I know it takes a significant amount of time to recharge my old batteries to the point that they can sustain another all day event. In last week's heat, that next extended outage could easily have been the very next day.

I have no real excuse for my angst as I know what needs to be done to alleviate my concerns. One of these days, I'll reach my breaking point and the next day I'll buy the system that should be here already to deal with the power reality in Sosua.

Even here in the DR, the technology to deal with the Ede shortcomings is readily available. One just needs to stop complaining, accept the power reality and address the problem, if it is a major concern.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking of edenorte, went to pay my bill yesterday.
    The lady said to me that it would help if we paid the bill the 30th of each month ( instead of the 11th ).
    Help who for what ? I asked her.
    To help keep 24 h electricity, she says....

I have NEVER in 6 years, had 24 h continious luz. It is better now, i have like 9-10 hours a day, on good days.....( good days used to be 5 hours......).
    Anyway I pointed out to her that we had 6 hours in 2 days.....
    She said ah no !! 24 h for guananico ( where i pay the bill), not montegordo ( where I live)...
    Ven aqua !!!! I amswered, get them to pay on the 30th.....

The cheek !!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The government run EDE's will not demand everyone pay. They don't have the balls to do that for political reasons. They will continue to provide power based upon priority to A, B, C and D circuits based upon priority with A being the closest thing to 24/7 and D being about 12 hours a day.
    Those that don't pay, or pay very little, seem to be fine with this arrangement.

The affluent communities can get "A level 24/7" power if they are on a circuit where everyone pays.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast