Crime in SD and areas to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

joselowe

May 5, 2015
I'm going to SD towards the end if this month. Excited and going by myself. I'm gay and a lot of people so far on the forum have been telling me to be careful. Does SD have a high crime rate? Also are there any areas you suggest that as a tourist I avoid? Especially a gay tourist.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Yes, high crime rate. Yes be careful. On your own head if you're using rent boys. Keep yourself in check and you'll be fine. Act like a loud princess and you'll probably draw unwanted attention. It's not difficult, figure it out, just be a person, you seem to be concerned about hour sexuality ehich means you're intending to be obvious.
Let me tell you, bringing attention about yourself in SD or anywhere in DR is bad news whether you're gay or straight. Fly below the radar and have a nice time.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

Didn't CCCCCCCCC tell you to just be yourself.

Stop saying you are happy all the time!!!!

happy.jpg

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Gay or straight, young or old if you are looking for trouble you will find it. example : Walking in certain areas alone at night is looking for trouble

joselowe

May 5, 2015
Yes, high crime rate. Yes be careful. On your own head if you're using rent boys. Keep yourself in check and you'll be fine. Act like a loud princess and you'll probably draw unwanted attention. It's not difficult, figure it out, just be a person, you seem to be concerned about hour sexuality ehich means you're intending to be obvious.
Let me tell you, bringing attention about yourself in SD or anywhere in DR is bad news whether you're gay or straight. Fly below the radar and have a nice time.
I def don't plan on being obvious. Most ppl think I'm straight as it is. Also I'm a relatively reserved quiet person

I am not an expert on SD only been 10 or so times but the colonial zone is where you want to start out and I felt pretty safe, I was alone all hours of the morning walking around but aware of my surroundings.

Yes SD can be dangerous!! Don't have big sums of money on you and don't wear flashy clothes or jewelry!!

I would not suggest any friend of mine to do the gay pay for play in SD. Unless the dude has money I would forget about it!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I def don't plan on being obvious. Most ppl think I'm straight as it is. Also I'm a relatively reserved quiet person

Then you will be fine. Don't try too hard, everyone in DR is gay if you pay them enough.

Jan 9, 2004
I'm going to SD towards the end if this month. Excited and going by myself. I'm gay and a lot of people so far on the forum have been telling me to be careful. Does SD have a high crime rate? Also are there any areas you suggest that as a tourist I avoid? Especially a gay tourist.

In order to survive in the DR you need to understand a little of the culture, norms, etc....the do's and don'ts if you will.

While you do not indicate any level of understanding regarding life in the DR, you should know that it is NOT the same as where you may come from.

Going there alone, whether gay or straight, will be an eye opener.

I encourage you to read these boards....a wealth of information here on life and what to expect in general....especially as a tourist.

Finally, google or use the search function here for.....Van Teasley......and be careful.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Hector L

Jun 11, 2010
Just like any American city, you need to use common sense. Late at night, use taxis. If you have a guest in your hotel room, agree on the "tip" in advance that he will receive and lock all valuables in your room safe. Also make a copy of your passport and carry it with you. The actual passport should be in your safe. Leave the gold at home, don't flaunt your I phone or adroid and dont flash money. Talk to some of the Americans living there or frequent visitors and they will inform you of the different venues depending on your personal tastes.

damnitsarah

May 26, 2015
There's no "specific" place where you have to be more cautious than others. Sadly, you can get mugged pretty much everywhere here. Which means, just be smart. Don't go around flaunting the amount of money you're carrying, of course dark solitary places are an obvious no no.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
Then you will be fine. Don't try too hard, everyone in DR is gay if you pay them enough.
When I worked for a certain gay guy he said that it was about 95% but then he is in his 70s and pretty smelly. Some Doms must have taste.

joselowe

May 5, 2015
When I worked for a certain gay guy he said that it was about 95% but then he is in his 70s and pretty smelly. Some Doms must have taste.

It's sad but I saw tons of men with wives and Gfs and kids sleep with gay men at my hotel for money

Status
Not open for further replies.