Forced Adoption?

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Would I be surprised if Canadians were found to be involved in illegal organ trafficking here?

Not in the least. The DR needs to take a closer look at these people and their voluminous, cancerous NGO's that have metastasized throughout the island with almost no oversight.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
NGO's are not involved in adoptions, there are things called Adoption Agency.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
abuela, that was not adoption. all legal/formal adoptions in DR are handles by CONANI. the missionaries from the article had no paperwork for kids they were trying to take out from haiti.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Rember the big shout out with the guy who was stealing origons over there on the north cost. That was crazy.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My only point was to agree with Marcion that some NGOs may no be legit. I remember an US tv program at the time showing the Idaho website advertising Christian adoptions and housing in Cabarete for prospective parents. A quick research gives some details in the Wikipedia recap referencing Dominican paperwork.
New Life Children's Refuge case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those were Americans, not Canadians. This is the Dominican government agency - big difference. From all account, those that have tried to adopt must go through CONANI , and they are very tough to adopt through. Certainly there is more to this story than what has been reported.

Last edited: