Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Permanent Residency Renewal

I'm trying to find out the latest with the permanent residency renewal. There's tons of posts, but the system seems to be changing.

This will be my first renewal of the permanent residency (after 2 years of permanent).

My questions

1) Medical exam - is it still in the trailer out back?
    2) Is there urine test or just the x-ray and blood?
    3) Is there an option for a 10 year renewal still?
    4) Has there been some organization or will be an all day affair down there again?

Thanks in advance

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

No, yes, yes, no and yes.

I think you can only opt for 10 years when you have been a resident for 10 years.

Matilda

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Two half days about 10 days apart.....the law now apparently states that the issue of new card must take place within 10 days of renewal submission and medical.

Medical for me and others was at a clinic in Gazcue.

Correct me if anything has changed in recent months Matilda.

4. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the 10 years option was offered only for a short time frame of a few months in late 2010/early 2011, and only to residents who had the permanent residency already since 10 years or more.
    can't comment on the medical requirements, as on my own renewals i never needed any medical stuff for renewal, just showed up and paid the Fees and 90 minutes later the same day the new card been received. my last renewal was in 2011 and i did it for 10 years. it changed a lot since then, specially that now they do medical exams for renewals.
    i have still 6 years on residency and cedula left, it will change several more times til my next renewal, lol.

Mike

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend - a very long time resident- renewed yesterday.

He confirmed that the 10 yr option is not available presently.
    He got the 4 yr -- to 2019.

Ticks me off.... I wanted that 10 yr.....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    My friend - a very long time resident- renewed yesterday.

He confirmed that the 10 yr option is not available presently.
    He got the 4 yr -- to 2019.

Ticks me off.... I wanted that 10 yr.....
    "they" have til 2021 to get their stuff straight, that's when my 10 years renewal is due for the next renewal.
    i will not accept less than an other 10 years and i will find my way to get it, lol.

Mike

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    "they" have til 2021 to get their stuff straight, that's when my 10 years renewal is due for the next renewal.
    i will not accept less than an other 10 years and i will find my way to get it, lol.

Mike
    Direccion General de Migracion

Residencia Definitiva for you

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ju10prd View Post
    Direccion General de Migracion

Residencia Definitiva for you
    thanks a lot for that, i did not know that such Definitive Residency does exist.
    i sure will take care of that one as soon as possible, if they allow to do it prior to expiration of my actual 10 years residendy, as that way the theme would be solved once and for ever, without other thoughts about naturalization or such.
    fantastic info

Mike

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that page seems to indicate its possible..... I hope that's right.

Many people say differently..... 3 yrs for me to figure it out

thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i will wait til after summer, as Immigrations is actually overfilled with the "slow guys", lol, then i will ask details in person and if it's possible to do that definitive residency right away, even that my actual residency is still valid for an other 6 more years. if possible now i will do it now, as who would know how they change that opportunity in the future and in 2021 it will not be available anymore or more requisits involved etc etc.
    as by the info on the link of today the requisits are nothing, a heck of photocopy paper, yes, but that's it.
    i guess the papers from Registro Mercantil should be suffice to proof the solvency, as the business is in my own name of course. i will not go there right now as with all that registration plan mess i guess immigrations will be filled up daily, not my cup of tea, but i will report back once i got in touch.
    do we have a bordmember who already went thru that process/holds a definitive residency?
    i "assume" it does not require renewal, other than the cedula renewal every few years?

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast