Permanent Residency Renewal

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
I'm trying to find out the latest with the permanent residency renewal. There's tons of posts, but the system seems to be changing.

This will be my first renewal of the permanent residency (after 2 years of permanent).

My questions

1) Medical exam - is it still in the trailer out back?
2) Is there urine test or just the x-ray and blood?
3) Is there an option for a 10 year renewal still?
4) Has there been some organization or will be an all day affair down there again?

Thanks in advance

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
No, yes, yes, no and yes.

I think you can only opt for 10 years when you have been a resident for 10 years.

Matilda

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Two half days about 10 days apart.....the law now apparently states that the issue of new card must take place within 10 days of renewal submission and medical.

Medical for me and others was at a clinic in Gazcue.

Correct me if anything has changed in recent months Matilda.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the 10 years option was offered only for a short time frame of a few months in late 2010/early 2011, and only to residents who had the permanent residency already since 10 years or more.
can't comment on the medical requirements, as on my own renewals i never needed any medical stuff for renewal, just showed up and paid the Fees and 90 minutes later the same day the new card been received. my last renewal was in 2011 and i did it for 10 years. it changed a lot since then, specially that now they do medical exams for renewals.
i have still 6 years on residency and cedula left, it will change several more times til my next renewal, lol.

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend - a very long time resident- renewed yesterday.

He confirmed that the 10 yr option is not available presently.
He got the 4 yr -- to 2019.

Ticks me off.... I wanted that 10 yr.....

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
My friend - a very long time resident- renewed yesterday.

He confirmed that the 10 yr option is not available presently.
He got the 4 yr -- to 2019.

Ticks me off.... I wanted that 10 yr.....

"they" have til 2021 to get their stuff straight, that's when my 10 years renewal is due for the next renewal.
i will not accept less than an other 10 years and i will find my way to get it, lol.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Direccion General de Migracion

Residencia Definitiva for you

thanks a lot for that, i did not know that such Definitive Residency does exist.
i sure will take care of that one as soon as possible, if they allow to do it prior to expiration of my actual 10 years residendy, as that way the theme would be solved once and for ever, without other thoughts about naturalization or such.
fantastic info

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well that page seems to indicate its possible..... I hope that's right.

Many people say differently..... 3 yrs for me to figure it out

thanks

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i will wait til after summer, as Immigrations is actually overfilled with the "slow guys", lol, then i will ask details in person and if it's possible to do that definitive residency right away, even that my actual residency is still valid for an other 6 more years. if possible now i will do it now, as who would know how they change that opportunity in the future and in 2021 it will not be available anymore or more requisits involved etc etc.
as by the info on the link of today the requisits are nothing, a heck of photocopy paper, yes, but that's it.
i guess the papers from Registro Mercantil should be suffice to proof the solvency, as the business is in my own name of course. i will not go there right now as with all that registration plan mess i guess immigrations will be filled up daily, not my cup of tea, but i will report back once i got in touch.
do we have a bordmember who already went thru that process/holds a definitive residency?
i "assume" it does not require renewal, other than the cedula renewal every few years?

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
10 yr tarjeta seems easier, faster and almost equivalent to citizenship....

count me in !!!

and maybe they match the cedula to the 10 yrs...... ask that JD

Mike... car ownership works too for solvency

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the cedula will since a couple years Always match the residency date, yes.
my cedula renewed in 2011 also already matched the 10 years expiration date of my residency.
on the price listings of the Immigrations page i do not find the definitive residency listed, nor the 10 years renovation, i only found that the normal renewal of a permanent residency costs 12.000.- pesos, that would be for the usual 4 years.
when i renewed (in 2011) i paid for the 10 years renewal 20.000.- pesos plus 1.000.- for the VIP service, so i got it the same day(a good hour later or so).
i called a friend, as Navy working for Immigrations at the PC airport, he told me even not listed, it will not be a problem to get on my next renewal the 10 years time frame again, it would always be possible to do so even if not officially offered by the immigrations page. that was the first nice notice, lol. he said the costs for the 10 years renewal is still the same 20.000.- pesos, VIP also is the same 1.000.- pesos.
he knopws that the definitive residency exists, but he does not know the price nor does he know if it can be done prior to expiration of my actual residency. and other point interested to know would be how long the cedula with a definitive residency is valid each turn and if such definitive residency never again needs any renewal??
he could not answer those questions. he is not working in any department for residencies with Immigrations, he is the guy in charge of the deportations via PC airport and he often runs the group searching for drugs at the airport when they get "notice/intelligence" about specific persons or a specific flight with such aboard.

ju10prd,
where did you find the 20K price listed, i couldn't find it on their website. that would be the same price i paid for the 10 years renewal. if i remember correctly the 10 years cedula been somewhere around 3 or 4K pesos for the 10 years(unsure on the price for cedula, sorry).

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
MF

Click on link in post #18.

RHS click Tarifas de Servicos, scroll down and under Residencia Definitivo find 20k

thanks a bunch.
me blind, been sweeping exactly that page but did not see it first.
it states the 20K as the one time fee and every 5 years 2.500.- for a new carnet.
i would guess no more medic checks for that Carnet "refreshing"??
i never had to do any medical check for renewal of the permanent residency anyways, but since a couple years or so people need the medical check up heckmeck for renovations, too.
every 5 years a new card, just with 2.500.- pesos and the photo/fingerprints taken, that would be a great solution.

Mike

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Mind you I expect all fees to go up or at least be reviewed every 01 November.

They have been updating the Immigration website it appears. Along with all the other changes that are beginning to happen at a fairly quick pace to upgrade the immigration control in this country to international standards.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks to everybody for clearing this up.

A great solution if you can clear the 10 yr hurdle of 'time spent' in RD