italian sausage

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I have bought Johnsonville Italian sausage in the frozen section of La Sirena before, but sometimes it's there, and sometimes it's not. The sausage that they make in the store is horrible stuff IMO.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have bought Johnsonville Italian sausage in the frozen section of La Sirena before, but sometimes it's there, and sometimes it's not. The sausage that they make in the store is horrible stuff IMO.

I agree - Johnsonville Italian Sausage is the closest I've found in DR to "real" Italian sausage, I get it at La Sirena too.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

correction, rebel. the stuff which is made in La Sirena is not sausage. i do not know what it is, but i can tell you what it is not.

my buddy will be here from the US before the end of the month. he is bringing me some ingredients, and i will be producing the best breakfast sausage that can be readily obtained in this land.

you have my word on that!!!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is an Italian sausage made in SD that is pretty good. I don't know the name, but I found it in a few stores. Nacional
was one of them. Have not seen it lately. They come in regular and Hot. Hot is better.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
correction, rebel. the stuff which is made in La Sirena is not sausage. i do not know what it is, but i can tell you what it is not.

my buddy will be here from the US before the end of the month. he is bringing me some ingredients, and i will be producing the best breakfast sausage that can be readily o
@btained in this land.
@@
you have my word on that!!!

Please do not confuse real ITalian sausage with those god awful tasting things called breakfast sausage

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Italians would probably be at a loss if you tell them about "Italian sausage". :laugh:
I guess, such a name only makes sense for people with a very limited knowledge of 'cold cuts' delicacies. :rolleyes:

Salumi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

donP

None of those are Italian sausage, as far as I'm concerned. They're dried sausage for sandwiches/appetizers. Those ARE available in DR, often even the imported ones. It's the Italian sausage that you cook in sauce, or with peppers and onions, that I was referring to

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There's a Italian owned deli just off of Lincoln when you turn onto Jose Contreras called Punto Italia.

They also make some pretty good sausage.

Punta Italia has a few locations in the DR. They sell the sausage that I posted previously. The best I have had here.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
When you come up Lincoln from the Malecon, bear off to the right on Jose Contreras, and they are right there on the right. Just a few feet from Lincoln. Can't miss it.

It's a couple of Italian guys I know (we're "Bikers") who noticed there was a distinct lack of good Italian meats and Sausages, so they decided to make and sell their own.

OMG, I wish I had known this when we were there. 20 lashes with a wet noodle for you for keeping it a secret until now!!!

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Productos Italiano has Italian sausages in Sosua. they are on Ayuntamiento diagonal from municipal building.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The American Sausage Italian Style

Do they have good Italian sausage?

:laugh:
Whatever that may be..... (I'll ask them...)

"In the United States, Italian sausage (salsiccia, in Italian) most often refers to a style of pork sausage noted for being seasoned with fennel and/or anise as the primary seasoning. In Italy, however, a wide variety of sausages is made, many of which are quite different from the product commonly known as 'Italian sausage' in the United States."

They have a good selection of 'salumi' (including 'mortadella'*) and 'gorgonzola dulce' among many other things
from Italy (and Europe).

donP

Last edited: