Marbete & new windshield

Feb 7, 2007
What do you guys do with the Marbete stickers when you change your windshield? These stickers cannot be removed from the old glass... do you just ride around till the new Marbete comes out with the piece of old windshield in your car to show to AMET?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i just changed my Truck's windshield a couple months ago.
we used a Blower to take the stickers off from the old windshield and with some Cuqui sticked them on the new windshield. been the 2nd time we did that to a car of mine.
every mechanic's place who changes windshields knows how to do that, too.
Amet would not care if you replaced a windshield, if you damage/loose the old stickers, then you would be obliged to replace them/buy new ones.

Mike

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
What did the people who changed your screen say? I bet they must have some knowledge on what to do, as it's their trade.

On the other hand this is the DR! You're right to ask the question!

Perhaps the piece of glass with the original marbete, isn't such a bad idea!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
miesposo had his windshield changed by an authorized dealer. they removed the marbete and stuck it on the new window. it's not perfect but it's there and he never run into issues because of that.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
miesposo had his windshield changed by an authorized dealer. they removed the marbete and stuck it on the new window. it's not perfect but it's there and he never run into issues because of that.

right, after switching the sticker looks more transparent, but the important details like "year" and the middle piece which shows the number of the License Plate stay intact, that's all what Amet cares about.

Mike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Quality Glass in Bavaro and other locations will change your windshield with the stickers in place on the new one.
They did it for me with no problems.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My windshield is cracked and I have been wondering about this,
however many jurisdictions have window stickers (PA for one) and I have always thought the boys know how to keep you legal on the sticker front.

Now I know for certain.

Very helpful posts.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I recently had a new windscreen and the people transferred the sticker to the new one. It doesn't look perfect, so I'm planning to get the new marbete as soon as it's available, just to be on the safe side.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
The folks that change windshields should know how to remove and reapply the stickers. If not then you are at the wrong place.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
With good tricks like that - from you - I could live to a ripe old age !!!

Genius.....

Just like CCCCCCCCCCologne's plant seeds in the cereal box !!! Granola !

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Let me go one better JD......

You could move that from car to car, HUH?
Or do they cite the vehicle, I can't remember and am not there to check

One marbete for 2 cars............. Retire early on the savings ....