Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Marbete & new windshield

What do you guys do with the Marbete stickers when you change your windshield? These stickers cannot be removed from the old glass... do you just ride around till the new Marbete comes out with the piece of old windshield in your car to show to AMET?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep the old broken windshield with the sticker on the back of my truck.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i just changed my Truck's windshield a couple months ago.
    we used a Blower to take the stickers off from the old windshield and with some Cuqui sticked them on the new windshield. been the 2nd time we did that to a car of mine.
    every mechanic's place who changes windshields knows how to do that, too.
    Amet would not care if you replaced a windshield, if you damage/loose the old stickers, then you would be obliged to replace them/buy new ones.

Mike

4. Likes redserge liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

What did the people who changed your screen say? I bet they must have some knowledge on what to do, as it's their trade.

On the other hand this is the DR! You're right to ask the question!

Perhaps the piece of glass with the original marbete, isn't such a bad idea!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

miesposo had his windshield changed by an authorized dealer. they removed the marbete and stuck it on the new window. it's not perfect but it's there and he never run into issues because of that.

7. Likes redserge liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    miesposo had his windshield changed by an authorized dealer. they removed the marbete and stuck it on the new window. it's not perfect but it's there and he never run into issues because of that.
    right, after switching the sticker looks more transparent, but the important details like "year" and the middle piece which shows the number of the License Plate stay intact, that's all what Amet cares about.

Mike

9. Likes redserge liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quality Glass in Bavaro and other locations will change your windshield with the stickers in place on the new one.
    They did it for me with no problems.

11. Likes redserge liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

My windshield is cracked and I have been wondering about this,
    however many jurisdictions have window stickers (PA for one) and I have always thought the boys know how to keep you legal on the sticker front.

Now I know for certain.

Very helpful posts.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently had a new windscreen and the people transferred the sticker to the new one. It doesn't look perfect, so I'm planning to get the new marbete as soon as it's available, just to be on the safe side.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The folks that change windshields should know how to remove and reapply the stickers. If not then you are at the wrong place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast