Taxi to Entrance of Samana Hwy or Bus Station in SDQ?

Aug 31, 2011
I will be arriving at SDQ at 8:40 am and want to catch one of the morning buses to Samana. (The first afternoon bus would be okay, too) - Traveling with only one small suitcase.

A. What are the options to get to Caribe Tour bus station in SDQ?
1. Walking, gua gua, Taxi? - approx costs?

B. What are the options to get to Caribe Tour bus station at the Samana Highway entrance?

I will be traveling with only with $RD. So what are they best rates for taxis?

Thank you!!!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Intersection Parada

Take a taxi to the intersection where the Saman? highway turns off.
All the buses stop there (parada).
You'll have a choice depending on your Saman? destination.

donP

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Forget going into SD, waste of time and money. Just take a cab to La Entrada, the entrance to the Toll Road. Caribe Tours has an office there in an old bus shell. Probably $15-20 for an airport cab.

Aug 31, 2011
Certainly locals travel outside country and transfer from airport to caribe.
Is it approx $600 pesos by taxi,? I am bringing only pesos.

Do you have knowledge of gua gua that passes the entrance to toll road?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are no guaguas from the airport itself, you would have to get out onto the highway to stop one, and once you get from the airport to the highway (walking approx. 3 km or taxi being the only options) you're not that far from the Saman? exit.

Aug 6, 2006
I think that any guagua headed into SD would pass the place where the road to Samana turns off. A taxi will take you from SDQ to the highway for 300 pesos,(go to the upper level of the SDQ terminal and ask one of the guys in a yellow shirt.) then you can catch another guagua or bus that is headed into SD. Just tell them "hasta la carretera para Samana."
The guagua fare into SD is 60 pesos. I imagine that it would cost less to the turnoff to Samana.
The guagua drivers should know where this turnoff is.

Feliz viaje.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Do as XO tells you. Maybe you have to pay little more as first timer, but then you know it for Samana :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If you have time to kill, adventurous, and want to do it on the cheap. Walk out arrival level and walk to the right on a 45 degree angle. Just outside the rental car parking lot exit will be motoconchos who can take you to the main highway. Have them drop you off at the parada for the local guagua to SD.

Caribe Tours now has an actual air conditioned small building to wait in, the bus shell has long since been removed.

Very first thing I would do is check your anticipated arrival time to bus departure time. If cutting it close grab the first taxi at the airport to the Caribe station.

Aug 6, 2006
The fare from SD to Samana is $310 pesos. Buses that take the autopista leave SD at 8:00 & 10:30 AM, 2:30 & 4:30 PM. These are Caribetours figures. There are lots more buses that
take this route. The smaller guaguas tend to be a tiny bit cheaper and less comfortable. There are several companies running larger buses as well on this route.

If you only have a couple of small bags, you might be able to get to the highway on a motoconcho for $200 pesos or so.
You might consider changing another $10US at the terminal, if all you have is $600 pesos to get to Samana.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If you have time to kill, adventurous, and want to do it on the cheap. Walk out arrival level and walk to the right on a 45 degree angle. Just outside the rental car parking lot exit will be motoconchos who can take you to the main highway. Have them drop you off at the parada for the local guagua to SD.

Caribe Tours now has an actual air conditioned small building to wait in, the bus shell has long since been removed.

Very first thing I would do is check your anticipated arrival time to bus departure time. If cutting it close grab the first taxi at the airport to the Caribe station.

The fare from SD to Samana is $310 pesos. Buses that take the autopista leave SD at 8:00 & 10:30 AM, 2:30 & 4:30 PM. These are Caribetours figures. There are lots more buses that
take this route. The smaller guaguas tend to be a tiny bit cheaper and less comfortable. There are several companies running larger buses as well on this route.

If you only have a couple of small bags, you might be able to get to the highway on a motoconcho for $200 pesos or so.
You might consider changing another $10US at the terminal, if all you have is $600 pesos to get to Samana.

This is the best advice if you want to avoid a taxi.

Add about half an hour for the bus to get to the Autopista a Samana.

There is beer/food at that new Samana Caribe Tours stop, if I'm not mistaken.

You could actually walk it as Chiri says but.............

Your call.

It is a very easy transfer for you..... nothing to worry about