Subway coming to Sosua

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I've been told SUBWAY will open in the next couple of months next to the Lazy Dog Bar in Pedro Clisante, Sosua.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
bynsx.gif

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Last month the same place was selling faux KFC...coming soon Pizza Hut?

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
If the prices are the same as the Dominoes pizza at Super Pola it will not last long!!! Lazy Dog in Sosua looks to be on its death throes as well just what Sosua needs an overpriced sandwich shop ~!LOL

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
One can only hope you are wrong or if it does happen it last just a bit less than Dominio's

Bob K

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
It's not so bad drescape, especially if they have the same breads as in the US, some of them are really good. Horrible DR bread is one of my pet peeves.

You can smell a Subway a mile away. No thanks.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
It's not so bad drescape, especially if they have the same breads as in the US, some of them are really good. Horrible DR bread is one of my pet peeves.
Oh I hear you about the D.R. bread. I guess I am spoiled by the German bakery around the corner. That's my weakness!
I would hate to see the large N.A. chains pushing out the mom and pop local eateries.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Oh I hear you about the D.R. bread. I guess I am spoiled by the German bakery around the corner. That's my weakness!
I would hate to see the large N.A. chains pushing out the mom and pop local eateries.

Hmm.....how do I recruit Germans to the SD/SC area to open a bakery? And you have one around the corner. I'm jealous. Sniff.

The ONLY good bread I've had in DR was at Tipico Bonao, outstanding Italian semolina bread, just like Calandra's in NJ.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

i only ate in subway in the UK and the bread was fcuking disgusting. i don't mind fast food but there are several american chains where the food is so nasty i have no idea how they manage open. subway, KFC, dominoes and taco bell are in the lead of serving absolute trash.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Hmm.....how do I recruit Germans to the SD/SC area to open a bakery? And you have one around the corner. I'm jealous. Sniff.

The ONLY good bread I've had in DR was at Tipico Bonao, outstanding Italian semolina bread, just like Calandra's in NJ.

Ohhh very nice, anything that comes close to Calandras is wonderful. :D:D:D

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It probably won't survive long. There are not enough people here from April - November who can afford and are willing to spend $5-$7 USD (equivalent in RD$) often enough to make it viable in the long term, IMHO.

Delivery will be a must offered service.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
It probably won't survive long. There are not enough people here from April - November who can afford and are willing to spend $5-$7 USD (equivalent in RD$) often enough to make it viable in the long term, IMHO.

Delivery will be a must offered service.

The Subway in Santiago has the 6" at about RD$250-$350 depending on the sandwich.

Not worth it, not even close.