New member - from Ottawa, Canada

Elliecat

May 12, 2015
I have been to Puerto Plata 6 times, Santiago & Sosua. I have yet to travel to other areas but that will come in time.
And I love the weather, the culture, the people and the FOOD! And the beaches also that I have seen.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Welcome. You will feel right at home here. We have a boat load of Canadian members. Liking Dominican food right off makes you a tad unusual but we are glad to have you as a newbie.

Aug 6, 2006
There are some pretty good dishes in Dominican cuisine (sancocho, quipes, mangu are my favorites) but not so many as for example, Ecuador, Uruguay or Mexico.

In Miami there are several Dominican restaurants, and all the customers tend to be ... Dominicans.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
dominican bread,cakes and cookies all the way !
dominican salami and cheese rox !
:p
btw. I'm so happy that I found yesterday locally produced yoghurt WITHOUT sugar added...only one shop in Las Terrenas has it ;-)

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
There are some pretty good dishes in Dominican cuisine (sancocho, quipes, mangu are my favorites) but not so many as for example, Ecuador, Uruguay or Mexico.

In Miami there are several Dominican restaurants, and all the customers tend to be ... Dominicans.

I have seen the same thing in Miami no one eats at them. I eat the food if it is fresh and cooked by someone I know in the RD but in Miami I well
Ittlen food.
Cuban food

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Yoghurt in LT

... yoghurt WITHOUT sugar added...only one shop in Las Terrenas has it ;-)

We also like the 'Don Bululu' yoghurt. :classic:
But in fact several local shops carry it (S?per Pola doesn't).

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have been to Puerto Plata 6 times, Santiago & Sosua. I have yet to travel to other areas but that will come in time.
And I love the weather, the culture, the people and the FOOD! And the beaches also that I have seen.

Spend enough time here and you might still love the WEATHER!!!!!!
It's just a phase, it WILL PASS!
An all inclusive resort is NOT THE DR!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
I meant "elite probiotico yoghurt" that they have in "Lindo". it is for 36 pesos. made in DR
its been long time since I ate don bolulu, but as far as i remember it is sweet with sugar ?
We also like the 'Don Bululu' yoghurt. :classic:
But in fact several local shops carry it (S?per Pola doesn't).

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
I love sancocho.

eatingit_zpsvi5dle6b.jpeg

OMG, she's eating it... :eek:

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My mother-in-law makes "Sancocho" with REAL cuts of beef, smoked pork, sausages and more!!!!!!
Tons of veggies.
Corn meal "Dumplins".
It's great if it is not full of bones grizzel, fat, and "mystery Meats"!!!!

It's just Dominican meat stew.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
From 1 canuck to another...welcome to dr1. Bring your sense of humour and a thick skin and you will do well on this forum.