proving assets/child support

cleacakes

Jan 4, 2002
I am the mother of a 2 year old by a man who supposedly has property in the dominican republic. (2 hipotecas) I currently have him in court in the USA in an attempt to collect child support. I would like to know how I can go about collecting information on any assets he may have in DR; bank accounts, real estate, etc... He is making all attempts to show he has no real property or income and is currently in the DR and I'd like to prove different.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
If you know the exact location or cadastral designation of the properties, it would be possible to obtain certifications the Registrar of Titles attesting to his ownership. Otherwise, I'd suggest you hire a private investigator.

obiuno

Jan 2, 2002
I might need to hire a detective myself, but I won't know where to start. Can you give us some recomendations about hiring a good private investigator in the D.R.? Do you have any idea how much a good one will cost?

Thanks,

Obiuno

Fina

Dec 4, 2004
child support

Hi, I have a child with a man in the Dominican Republic. I would like to know if their is any law to enforce child support in the Dominican Republic and if so; how would I go about it.

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Private Investigation.

obiuno said:
I might need to hire a detective myself, but I won't know where to start. Can you give us some recomendations about hiring a good private investigator in the D.R.? Do you have any idea how much a good one will cost?

Thanks,

Obiuno
Private Investigation.

Caribbean Surveillance Services can be found in the DR1. Directory under Services. also Caribbeansurveillanceservices.com. Maybe they can help.

Fina

Dec 4, 2004
Child Support

Fabio J. Guzman said:
Yes, there is. Contact me at your convenience.

Hello and thank you for your response,
I?m sorry I did not respond earlier but I am new to this sight and did not know how to retrieve the message.
Please let me know how I may contact you in privet, If possible send me your telephone # and the best times when I can reach you.

Thank you,
M. Nu?ez

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
HOLA,i hope on right forum,i about to marry my fiancee who be domonican and still lives there,she has son from previous relationship,my question be is there a law in dominican stating my obligation towards her and son in maintenance after we marry,as i live in uk at moment,i need to ask this question as to my rights....

gracias,
colin

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
If this guy is smart and knows what you are trying to do. He will have transfered all his assets to a family member by now..Or titeled them in a offshore corp. in which case they cannot be touched..This would be unfortunate for you if nothing he has in the DR legally belongs to him therefore You get nothing ... You have 2 kids with him you know him better than anyone...If he has taken this step, even hiring a PI won't do you any good..You'll just spend more money to get the answer I just gave you..He can make these moves from a computer and fax machine..In less than 48 hours if he really is sharp..He only needs a little help on this end and some cash on his end... Sad but TRUE....

Last edited: