New domestic airline - POP - Santiago - PUJ

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Tropical Aero Services are to launch a new domestic service as from early June.

Infotur Dominicano ? Aerol?nea dominicana TAS inicia operaciones Punta Cana

For those who don't read Spanish, it is planned to fly Punta Cana to Puerto Plata and back on Fridays, leaving Punta Cana at 2.30 and Puerto Plata at 4.30.

On Sundays the route will be Punta Cana - Santiago - Puerto Plata and back the same way.

They are then hoping to add Santo Domingo, Antigua and Barbados and also Puerto Plata to Turks and Caicos.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
price is either 188 or 200 dollars. each way.
“Nos hemos encontrado con turistas que al llegar a Punta Cana, creen que Puerto Plata queda a media hora de distancia y los costos para trasladarse por tierra son muy elevados, adem?s del tiempo invertido para el mismo, en ese sentido con nuestros servicios los costos son m?s bajos y el tiempo de conexi?n entre los dos destinos es de una hora promedio”.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I can't find out which aircraft they intend to use for this route.Hopefully a twin turbine but not sure if they have one.

It's certainly about time someone did something on a regular basis on this route but they will need a reliable service.

And that's the tricky part.........

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
18cb68_74725c8b348748a48f466aacd552e33a.png

"Please make sure your luggage is securely fastened to the wings with the weight evenly distributed. Sit back and relax we are first for takeoff, my frens."

Aug 6, 2006
Air travel includes one extra dimension to screw up in. But this might be a fun flight, if they avoid those towering mango trees.
I once took a six passenger Beechcraft from Punta Gorda to Belize City. It flew low, the view was terrific.
We flew over the beach at Dangriga,and the people from that elevation looked like ...mantises!

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
18cb68_74725c8b348748a48f466aacd552e33a.png

"Please make sure your luggage is securely fastened to the wings with the weight evenly distributed. Sit back and relax we are first for takeoff, my frens."
Hahahaah, hahahah, so funny!
I hope it works out, it opens up option for me down the road to see other islands easier.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I would have considered using them if they would have been operating last March. If one dies, all life's problems go away.

Jan 9, 2004
do these planes have any luggage space?

Space is very limited on the Cherokee Six with a 220lb max....assuming all other weights are kept within guidelines.

My speculation is the intra country flights are not geared toward tourists, but rather businessmen.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Tropical Aero Services are to launch a new domestic service as from early June.

Infotur Dominicano ? Aerol?nea dominicana TAS inicia operaciones Punta Cana

For those who don't read Spanish, it is planned to fly Punta Cana to Puerto Plata and back on Fridays, leaving Punta Cana at 2.30 and Puerto Plata at 4.30.

On Sundays the route will be Punta Cana - Santiago - Puerto Plata and back the same way.

They are then hoping to add Santo Domingo, Antigua and Barbados and also Puerto Plata to Turks and Caicos.

Matilda

The rest of the week they will be flying their normal routes to Colombia and Venezuela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The DR STUFF IS JUST TO LAUNDER THE DRUG MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
those are 6 seaters, right?
that could work out, as here they sure will pack 12-15 passengers on such plane and as described above the luggage and chicken will be tied up outside on the wings.
like Motoco?os.
would you have believed that a family of 6 plus luggage plus driver fit on a 115cc Bike and could still move over a Highway in the middle of traffic running 100mphrs?
I wouldn't.
but since i live on the Isle, I know as fact that it works.
they will fly.
Guagua Publica on Wings, lol

Mike

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Cape Air operate very successfully out of San Juan using a large fleet of these planes flying to many of the islands ( as do several other airlines). All FAA checked and certified (that is the key.....need to get their regular checks in Florida). Tourists and business travelers use the flights.

Flown in this type of aircraft many times and feel totally secure.....SJU - St Croix, St Thomas, Tortolla, Virgin Gorda, St Kitts, Nevis.

You can get 9 on board if a passenger takes the co-pilots seat. Baggage behind rear seat and in small hold plus a couple of small compartments in the wing.