Tourists Attacked an Kidnapped

donP

Dec 14, 2008
S?nchez - Las Terrenas, Saman?
Yesterday afternoon two foreigners were attacked and kidnapped at a view point on the Las Terrenas - S?nchez road.
(This refers most likely to the one on the S?nchez side where many people stop to enjoy the view over the bay and to the Los Haitises Park. In the past there had been several holdups at the very place.)

The two criminals entered the tourists' vehicle (rented in Las Terrenas) and drove with them to the El Catey Airport where one hostage was obliged to get money from an ATM.
Fortunately a security guard suspected foul play and was able to arrest one of the perpetrators.

The other criminal took off with the vehicle (a white Tercio SUV) and the second tourist.

donP

Source: FB

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
jeezus...
I stopped there many times (on my bike ;-) )
so what happened with the other tourist ? is he/ she still kidnapped ?
looks like warzone
S?nchez - Las Terrenas, Saman?
Yesterday afternoon two foreigners were attacked and kidnapped at a view point on the Las Terrenas - S?nchez road.
(This refers most likely to the one on the S?nchez side where many people stop to enjoy the view over the bay and to the Los Haitises Park. In the past there had been several holdups at the very place.)

The two criminals entered the tourists' vehicle (rented in Las Terrenas) and drove with them to the El Catey Airport where one hostage was obliged to get money from an ATM.
Fortunately a security guard suspected foul play and was able to arrest one of the perpetrators.

The other criminal took off with the vehicle (a white Tercio SUV) and the second tourist.

donP

Source: FB

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Not News

so what happened with the other tourist ? is he/ she still kidnapped ?

There is no further information available at this time.
The incident has not made it (yet) to be reported in a newspaper nor in the SFdM police report...

FB: ferrokarril sanchez

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Remington View Point

What is going on ?

I do not know.
Several other (small) robberies in Las Terrenas were also reported on FB.

The view point (near S?nchez), however, is known as a risky spot; nobody there to help, isolated.
I'd only stop there with my Remington pumped... :tired:

donP

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I would not want to be in the kidnappers sandals at this moment. The government takes a very dim view of kidnappping as its bad for the tourism biz. Expect they have body parts in light sockets about now if the electricity is on. All and all its a suprise the kidnappers survived the arrest process. Must have been too many witnesses for the criminals to get shot trying to escape.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I was told by a general in the policia nationsl, that they just cut the head off an extension cord, and touch the bare wires to the sensitive areas as needed.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Imbert is where that nutjob Canadian DJ was found after a six day search.

Sounds like a hotbed of lawlessness.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
It appears as though Dominicans are determined to develop the "final solution" to the tourism industry. I think that in 10 years we will look back at this as the golden era of the Dominican Republic.... Things are going downhill in every aspect of society