#3 for retirees

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I am retired and despite the naysayers on this site I have a vacation home on the north coast that I visit for several months a year. I have made many friends here over the last 5 years and am aware of the drawbacks in this area. I enjoy my visits to escape Canadian winters. When I am away too long I miss RD and when I am here too long I look forward to returning home to see spring, summer and fall. As I have previously stated I am grateful that I have the means to enjoy both countries.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Fantastic place to visit and rent for me. As far as the great rental yields she refers to...I am renting on the north coast where there is a group of about 10 luxury beach front places..all on the rental market...there must be at best a 10% occupancy rate right now..I guess she is referring to January. of course, Turkey is on her list, so weak advice imo.

donP

Dec 14, 2008

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I am retired and despite the naysayers on this site I have a vacation home on the north coast that I visit for several months a year. I have made many friends here over the last 5 years and am aware of the drawbacks in this area. I enjoy my visits to escape Canadian winters. When I am away too long I miss RD and when I am here too long I look forward to returning home to see spring, summer and fall. As I have previously stated I am grateful that I have the means to enjoy both countries.

I agree 100%. Weather you choose to buy or rent its a great place to escape the cold. As I have said before if the naysayers find the DR that bad they are free to leave.
I'm sure there are other countries that will welcome them

Aug 6, 2006
It is a bit silly to compare Buenos Aires, Istanbul and Punta Cana, as they are all very different and would appeal to different people.
But there is nothing in her articles that is particularly untrue, though the idea of buying a place to use for a month or two and then to rent out to a variety of tourists seems a bit flaky to me. I have never tried it, and do not intend to do so.
It is certainly true that if you come to Punta Cana to avoid the cold, you will not be disappointed.