Passport

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
It is easy to find costs and procedure for application process for a DR citizen to get a travel visa to usa.
What about getting a passport? What does DR charge for this to a citizen?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As for the Visa to the US, it is VERY difficult to get one. The applicant must provide compelling evidence they will return to the DR.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
passport is the way easy part

Exactly.

I have done this twice (wife+son), just by clicking the link above you review the requirements. Legalized birth certificate to the local passport office, they take an image and that?s about it. Please just review the documents carefully, as with anything here, typing errors are not uncommon.

Legalized birth certificate should be around 500-600 DOP (if I recall correct) and can be obtained (at least) from the local junta central where the applicant was born in.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Here is where and why most applications fail

Additional Documentation May Be Required

Review the instructions for how to apply for a visa on the website of the embassy or consulate where you will apply. Additional documents may be requested to establish if you are qualified. For example, additional requested documents may include evidence of:

The purpose of your trip;
Your intent to depart the United States after your trip; and/or
Your ability to pay all costs of the trip.

Evidence of your employment and/or your family ties may be sufficient to show the purpose of your trip and your intent to return to your home country. If you cannot cover all the costs for your trip, you may show evidence that another person will cover some or all costs for your trip.

Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a nonimmigrant tourist visa. If you do choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember that it is not one of the factors that we use in determining whether to issue or deny a nonimmigrant tourist visa.

------------------------------------

If the applicant has family in the US, the visa is more likely to be denied. Strong reasons to return to the DR are what they want to see. A job, a long term bank account with steady deposits, family in the DR, a house in the DR, a car in the DR,,, you get the idea.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If the applicant has family in the US, the visa is more likely to be denied. Strong reasons to return to the DR are what they want to see. A job, a long term bank account with steady deposits, family in the DR, a house in the DR, a car in the DR,,, you get the idea.

Absolutely correct, and has been this way for decades.

A long time ago we took my father-in-law to apply for a US visitor visa, we all went [me, Mr. AE, both of our kids, who were small then], got a really nice guy at the window when it was our turn. Came right out and told us that saying he was coming to visit us could cause denial of the application. So we just went with he owned a house, was retired, had a wife and 5 kids in DR, wanted to see NY. He got the visa.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
As for the Visa to the US, it is VERY difficult to get one. The applicant must provide compelling evidence they will return to the DR.

So how much does an official sponsor letter, that I provide, help to secure a travel visa? If for example If I am in SDO at the time she has an interview with the American Embassy does it help if I am there, will they see me also?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Kyle, you sound like a nice guy.
So I'll be as "NICE" as I can.
After reading all your posts here on DR1, you ain't NEVER gonna get her a visa!!!!!
I think you are "In Lust", not in love!

We have read your posts thousands of times over 15 years here.

Be happy she can't get a visa, that way she stays here,and you can stay there.
REALLY!

That said, we KNOW you think you are different and will continue "jousting at windmills" anyway.

Just book mark this post, so later you can say,.."I Can't Believe I Was So F@#king Stupid.

If you can search the DR1 archives, all posts by "Trainman" might be of interest to you.

MANY of us have been right where you are now, and lived to regret it!!!

Cris Colon CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
CC is right on... I always tell current, past and future novias, sorry there wont be any visits to the USA ...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So how much does an official sponsor letter, that I provide, help to secure a travel visa? If for example If I am in SDO at the time she has an interview with the American Embassy does it help if I am there, will they see me also?

I posted the official US Government answer to that question already:

Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a nonimmigrant tourist visa. If you do choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember that it is not one of the factors that we use in determining whether to issue or deny a nonimmigrant tourist visa.

Any ties to you or others in the US are a NEGATIVE... She must stand on her own by owning a house, car, have children, bank account with regular deposits from a job, etc all in the DR. Ties to the DR are what is important, otherwise it is not going to happen.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I posted the official US Government answer to that question already:

Any ties to you or others in the US are a NEGATIVE... She must stand on her own by owning a house, car, have children, bank account with regular deposits from a job, etc all in the DR. Ties to the DR are what is important, otherwise it is not going to happen.

Plus a "novio" going to interview or guaranteeing travel expenses is huge red flag and a reason for her to NOT come back.

I am in the middle of getting immigrant visa for the wife. Not sure where we want to live, and there is an ever so slight chance we stay in DR.
I hope not, but lots of stuff up in the air now. Her being married to a US citizen would make a tourist visa much harder. Totally whacky system.

The OP should fall in love/lust with a chica from honduras or el salvador. . . . .they can just walk across the border . . . . and become refugees. . . lol . .

Apr 7, 2014
Kyle, you sound like a nice guy.
So I'll be as "NICE" as I can.
After reading all your posts here on DR1, you ain't NEVER gonna get her a visa!!!!!
I think you are "In Lust", not in love!

We have read your posts thousands of times over 15 years here.

Be happy she can't get a visa, that way she stays here,and you can stay there.
REALLY!

That said, we KNOW you think you are different and will continue "jousting at windmills" anyway.

Just book mark this post, so later you can say,.."I Can't Believe I Was So F@#king Stupid.

If you can search the DR1 archives, all posts by "Trainman" might be of interest to you.

MANY of us have been right where you are now, and lived to regret it!!!

Cris Colon CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
You are wrong man...I live to deflate "me voy p'alla" dreams. Tell them the truth "Im aint bringing nobody nowhere to have them turn into a monster when they get there". Oooooh..thats like showing up at a hospital with Ebola on your lips.

Dudes like Kyle are who these women prefer, guys head over heels for a pretty face who will throw caution to the wind and get themselves in peril because they hadnt screened that woman as well as they should.

Btw Kyle, she already HAS a passport. She just doesnt have the visa to leave.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When a poor dominican girl has a dominican passport, with no visas inside, when you meet her, RUN AWAY FAST!!!

The only reason she has it is to get some "john" to take her home with him!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Absolutely correct, and has been this way for decades.

A long time ago we took my father-in-law to apply for a US visitor visa, we all went [me, Mr. AE, both of our kids, who were small then], got a really nice guy at the window when it was our turn. Came right out and told us that saying he was coming to visit us could cause denial of the application. So we just went with he owned a house, was retired, had a wife and 5 kids in DR, wanted to see NY. He got the visa.

Of all the 'helpful' posts, this is the one I would bookmark for future reference.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
When a poor dominican girl has a dominican passport, with no visas inside, when you meet her, RUN AWAY FAST!!!

The only reason she has it is to get some "john" to take her home with him!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

She almost succeeded last time with some na?ve 'john' but he got wise at the last minute!!

'Resort' chicas are a waste of space period! They want to 'milk' your wallet, feed and provide social security for the family and fly away to foreign shores on your tab all for rationed love.