Plaza Dorado has become a Garbage dump across the street.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I often go to Plaza Turquesa, 4 Restaurants to chose from and has turned into a busy little corner in the evenings, nice place to go with friends.. But the adjacent plaza where the El Dorado dump condos are located.. Wasn't always the case, but now are rented by transient freaks, and prostitutes, across the street has turned into a Dump of garbage by anyone and including businesses..

B?varo News - Noticias de Punta Cana & B?varo - Residentes frente a la Plaza El Dorado se quejan de vertedero

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I think someone within government acknowledged this week that Doms are animals when it comes to thier environment. I find that a little offensive towards animals, including rats.

(and people take offence at me when I refer to them as gutter rats)

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
At the back of Eldorado by Grunwald 2/3 they have been dumping garbage for almost a year. Its where the Rio Benito scam was. A freind compained to the local gov administrators once and it was actually cleaned up. Not sure how she did it and has since moved back to the US.
Good luck as nothing ruins a place more than a ton of garbage.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
melphis, I'm not familiar with the Rio Benito Scam, please elaborate.. or is it the one with condos to be built on the water bull shizzle where RE agents in the area scammed the tourists? If it is many RE agents in the area are in on that scam and trying to say "they were victims too", to hopefully cash in..

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
melphis, I'm not familiar with the Rio Benito Scam, please elaborate.. or is it the one with condos to be built on the water bull shizzle where RE agents in the area scammed the tourists? If it is many RE agents in the area are in on that scam and trying to say "they were victims too", to hopefully cash in..

It was called Rio Bonito Punta Cana. The land is between the little store Osa and Grunwald 1. The gravel road. The apartments where listed at between $228,000 to 3.8 million USD. It was a pure scam from the get go. You can still find it online and it shows 100% sold out but you can buy a resale at an even higher price.
I traded emails with these clowns last year and still can't believe how stupid this whole scam was and possibly still is. If your into researching these scams another really big one was Punta Perla.
Another in the area was Las Dunas but the government settled with the investor's and they got possesion of there units. It helped that a few of the investor's were Dominican and enough money could still be made to pay the bribes.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
ahhhh ya, Punta Perla was the one "to be on the water", that's what I was talking about in my last post, even Lionel came and broke sand... Now I know, Rio Bonito was the scam by the guy who owned the Greek Restaurant in Cortecito. They are still promoting that scam although the website hasn't been updated since 2013...
Melphis, you know the score bro! Cheers..

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
NEVER buy a house or a Condo that you cannot pay in the AM, and move in come the PM.................

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
At the back of Eldorado by Grunwald 2/3 they have been dumping garbage for almost a year. Its where the Rio Benito scam was. A freind compained to the local gov administrators once and it was actually cleaned up. Not sure how she did it and has since moved back to the US.
Good luck as nothing ruins a place more than a ton of garbage.

I can honestly say I always assumed there was no such thing as local government in Bavaro/Punta Cana. Where is this mythical place? I just figured it was the Wild West and people did as they please.

There is certainly no such thing as a mayor or anything of the like. How exactly is the East governed?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I can honestly say I always assumed there was no such thing as local government in Bavaro/Punta Cana. Where is this mythical place? I just figured it was the Wild West and people did as they please.

There is certainly no such thing as a mayor or anything of the like. How exactly is the East governed?

It's part of the 7 realms and I believe it's still controlled by the Lanasters from Kings Landing.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009

Veron is the town with a mayor which is "governing" Bavaro and Punta Cana too afik... Correct me if I am wrong...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I know it is NOT him though...

david-morrissey-the-walking-dead-amc.jpg

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
The Punta Cana/Bavaro area is growing at high speed the last 5 years but I am not sure everybody is up for the task...

For example:
CEPM must be at its maximum of electricity-production at this moment...
Where does all the garbage go? (besides in front of Plaza Turquesa :rolleyes: )

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Garbage goes to the "vertedero" on the road btwn Veron and La Otra Banda.

Not sure about power, but their Internet service started out working very well and is now absolute crap - at least in Pueblo Bavaro with outages up to 3 days...

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
At first glance, everything is so pretty but underneath the infrastructure isn't up to the task and now they're going to burden it with even more resorts.

The first time the gringos see raw sewage on the beaches and in the water and tell friends about it...well.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
At first glance, everything is so pretty but underneath the infrastructure isn't up to the task and now they're going to burden it with even more resorts.

The first time the gringos see raw sewage on the beaches and in the water and tell friends about it...well.

Is there a central sewer treatment plant? Or does each hotel do their own and discharge into the sea?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Garbage goes to the "vertedero" on the road btwn Veron and La Otra Banda.

Not sure about power, but their Internet service started out working very well and is now absolute crap - at least in Pueblo Bavaro with outages up to 3 days...

Mike, just internet services going away for a few days at a time?
i have 3 friends who moved end of last year awayfrom Pueblo Bavaro because the WATER was shut down every night and often even during the days.
last summer i was seriously looking on renting a house there, even took a look on some, but each of my friends lving there at the time did clearly recommend to not waste time on researching there, as running water is of course a must-have basic 24/7/365.
the officesof that Veron_Bavaro_Punta Cana government are located up in Veron at a little Plaza. don't remember the Plaza's name, but at the same location is the office of the Cable Company. the place at all does not look very inviting tho.

Mike