Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default National Apagon tonight

In an attempt to help with environmental conservation and reduction of fossil fuel consumption, the DR has declared tonight a nationwide apagon.

Please report your location and the time since your area has been participating in this environmental effort.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ReportaTuApagon?src=tren

Higuey - 10 pm.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knew? I am on Camino Llibre in Sosua. Last night at about 8, the transformer box on the pole right in front, was sparking, as in fuego. My dinner guest and I finish our soup (auyama with a hint of curry) and then called Edenorte. By the time the chicken was on the table, bless their hearts, Edenorte arrived. (Chicken was delish: in a balsamic-tamari-ginger glaze with eggplant) Entire neighborhood blacked out for 45 minutes. Hallelujah!

However, we are on inverter tonight, & we don't usually have apagons at the weekend.
    Last edited by Meemselle; 05-17-2015 at 01:54 AM. Reason: grammar

3. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Our electricity was out too long 8pm until 3am in Santiago. And then it went off again from 4 to 5am. I was wondering what was going on. Out power never goes out more than 4 hours and it is usually a very set schedule which does not include Saturday nights.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

we wont notice the difference in POP. we have not had more than a few hours of electricity this week, anyway.

6. Likes robbiee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Power was out everywhere except the east, apparently. Service as usual in Punta Cana, Bávaro.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Power supply in my barrio in Sosua has been very sketchy over the last week. Much worse than usual. Many short outages and a few longer ones. Last night we were out from near 10pm to 3 am there abouts and maybe as in SD it went out again later on, didn't notice with my eyes closed.

Since I climbed out of bed this morning, the power has remained on, but supplied voltage has dropped off a couple of times and caused my computer UPS to boost the supplied voltage but the energia as not failed completely. It's still early...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

week was OK in LT. only one outage from 6 am to 8 am, and thats all.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes here in Jarabacoa off from 10 pm ( just as I was getting ready to watch boxing) until approximately 4 AM.

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently due to a generator blowing up.

ˇApagón Nacional! - listindiario.com

Matilda

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in Los Cacicazgos/Renacimiento in Santo Domingo, power went off at around 8pm Saturday, came back for a while around 6am this morning then off again and still off as I write at 9.15.............outside the air is thick with the noise of generators and black with their exhaust emissions.........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast