Paperwork to Sell My Car

TysonA

Nov 26, 2014
Hello,

I moved to the north coast a year and a half ago, and bought a vehicle from a used car dealership. They did all the paperwork for me and I just needed to sign on the dotted line. I know there have been horror stories about buying from dealerships, but everything actually went quite well for me, and the car's been great, but that's neither here nor there.

I'll be leaving the DR unexpectedly in 2 weeks, and need to know exactly what paperwork I need to fill out in order to sell the car before I go if I do it privately? And, dumb question, but is the certificado de propiedad de vehiculos de motor the same as matricula?

Thanks!
Tyson

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you might be able to sell it here.... you'll need an advert in DR1 classified.

Two experts here ---PlayaCaribe2 and the gorgon......
Either might be able to help you unload it.

You'll need 10 posts to activate the PM category

TysonA

Nov 26, 2014
Thanks William, I appreciate it. I have a few people interested already, so wasn't really planning on selling it here... Mostly just want to make sure I have the paperwork in order before I start letting people see/test drive it.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Many do not do the 'traspaso'.

A lawyer should be used.
The (new) 'matricula' should only be given to the buyer after his/her name was entered there officially.
That makes sure that the 'traspaso' was done and fees paid.

One can also get a 'descargo' certificate from DGII, but I'd rather hold back the 'matricula'....

donP