Potential Terrorist Arrested on flight Between London-Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I heard on todays flight TOM096 (Thomson) from London Gatwick-Puerto Plata a man with Middle Eastern appearance was arrested on-board by police just before the plane taxied to the runway. The police removed his hand baggage and arrested the man without a struggle, the rest of his luggage was 'fished out' resulting in a 90 minute delay for the passengers.
The Captain broadcast "Our customers safety is our first priority".

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Lets hope its another Dumb arse acting the fool
.. and not the real thing...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nothing in local media so far but i will report here if i see something.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
big news when a middle eastern looking man is arrested. when they find out it was a mistake and release him with appology, no news is made anywhere and no news media seems to take interest.
same thing happened years ago when an innocent indian Sikh was arrested on false accusations (terrorism). his picture and name was flashed all over the news media. then he was released after questioning because the authorities had the wrong man. news media was quick to flash his name and his video on the news but not a single media outlet cared to clear his name publicly. this incident cause a great deal of damage to the man as he was not looked upon a trustworthy person in that community again.
AZB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The Big Moron and the Little Moron were on top of a cliff.

The Big Moron fell.

Why didn't the Little Moron ?

because a was little more on.........

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
sure, its always better to be safe than sorry but you must clear his name publicly as well. Just like his name and identity was flashed on the news media, the same should be done to clear his name. that's all we ask for. In this case, if the man is innocent, the news media should write the man who was pulled off the plane was a mistaken identity and blah bah. that's all.
Now the people only remember a middle eastern looking man pulled off the plane. no one knows what happened to this case. what was more important that a middle eastern man was pulled off for suspected terrorism. he could have been from brazil or even south american, but all is important, he looked middle eastern.
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is nothing in the media about this, neither local or british. maybe it's better to discuss the events that have been confirmed by independent sources.

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
arrest

there is nothing in the media about this, neither local or british. maybe it's better to discuss the events that have been confirmed by independent sources.

People get arrested on planes maybe every day, most of them are drugtraffickers, not terrorists.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
sure, its always better to be safe than sorry but you must clear his name publicly as well. Just like his name and identity was flashed on the news media, the same should be done to clear his name. that's all we ask for. In this case, if the man is innocent, the news media should write the man who was pulled off the plane was a mistaken identity and blah bah. that's all.
Now the people only remember a middle eastern looking man pulled off the plane. no one knows what happened to this case. what was more important that a middle eastern man was pulled off for suspected terrorism. he could have been from brazil or even south american, but all is important, he looked middle eastern.
AZB

In the past the authorities have even stopped a 13 year old boy because his name matched a terror suspect... he was on the NO fly list and the Auth refused to budge,, was kicked off the plane or not allowed to board, and the family had to get a Lawyer & even a Senator as I recall , to straighten it out..

So the Stooopidity is not just limited to how they handle cases of men of darker skin and specifically Middle Eastern descent being confused for potential terrorists....
Although I do agree with the Profiling.. but who else are you looking for ? native Americans ? Mexicans ? Aussie natives ... I dont recall any of those darker complection demographics blowing up planes..

And since little 80 year old Ladies from Kansas are also suffering the indignity of being Body Searched like they are hiding a bomb in their private parts.

I think guys like this man will just have to suck it up and STF*.. cuz frankly i dont care how he feels.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
The UK airport security thankfully is very tight considering London is the hub for flights arriving from all corners of the globe.

I am not surprised if they are removing passengers for whom they have the slightest doubt. And keep doing it.

It was 1988 when the Pan Am flight from London exploded over Lockerbie and since then security has been very tight. In 2006 the UK authorities foiled the 'shoe bomber' causing much tougher security controls worldwide.

We should all be much more concerned about security checks this end.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In the past the authorities have even stopped a 13 year old boy because his name matched a terror suspect... he was on the NO fly list and the Auth refused to budge,, was kicked off the plane or not allowed to board, and the family had to get a Lawyer & even a Senator as I recall , to straighten it out..

So the Stooopidity is not just limited to how they handle cases of men of darker skin and specifically Middle Eastern descent being confused for potential terrorists....
Although I do agree with the Profiling.. but who else are you looking for ? native Americans ? Mexicans ? Aussie natives ... I dont recall any of those darker complection demographics blowing up planes..

And since little 80 year old Ladies from Kansas are also suffering the indignity of being Body Searched like they are hiding a bomb in their private parts.

I think guys like this man will just have to suck it up and STF*.. cuz frankly i dont care how he feels.

it may surprise you to know that Sen Edward Kennedy's name matched a 'no fly' name.
he was stopped regularly

Strange, but true

Thomson Flights
the flight doesn't exist.

I meet my daughter on a London-POP flight all the time - there is one..... I promise

Status
Not open for further replies.