Thief caught What next??

coolsago

Apr 13, 2013
What happens when a thief is handed over to the police in Sosua? He was caught in a secured complex in Sosua attempting to break into a condo. This was the second B&E at the complex in 3 months using the same mode of operation, except this time he couldn't get out.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Keep him as an indentured servant and make him clean the pool for six months.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
OR, you and your fellow condo neighbours could contribuate a measely sum of pesos so that they keep him locked up, and make sure he is presented to a judge........
Here in the campo, 500 pesos "gasoil money ", as they call it, should keep him in jail a couple of days...... 500-1000 more should see him presented to a judge in POP.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
ha pays some cash to the cops and walks out. padre de familia.

Unfortunately this is the reality. Unless you speak with the authoritive PN and offer him RD5,000 and all to be paid once you see him shot in the head.
I'm not even joking. Either one are the book ends. Whatever happens in the middle isn't worth mentioning.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I have had a robber in my home in Zona Colonial on two occasions. And the process is such that the easiest thing is just to forget about it. The police can only keep the man for several days and then he must be released if no one is going to press charges. If someone is prepared to go to caught and face the judge, best to have a lwayer with you , the man may get 3 months sentance while police and the fiscal work up a case . And then you will have to go to the court probably again and again because of all the delays...best to forget it

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
some neighbours catch a thieve within the defines of your residencial complex.
grab him, pull him back into the appartment/condominium he just broke in to, give him a good tough "Neighbours" Beat-Up and then call the cops and tell 'em you've been assaulted by a burglar, fought with him and neighbours heard the noise and came in to help. let the cops carry away the trash, all is fine.
if there is only to choose between him to walk free or to get killed, don't let the Bast$%?" walk free.
btw, a few incidents which left thieves in a bad shape, make a 'hood waaays safer for the future.

Mike

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
if you'all lived in hong kong.....as a group you would rise up and beat the life out of that person....and many other places.....sometimes the police save someone.... me no tolerance....for a thief especially one that comes in your home...

Harleyssuck

Jul 24, 2014
i know for a fact that there have been a couple of break ins at Hispaniola sol condos beside casa cayena in the last couple of months. I know this because my buddy just came back from a 2 month stay. They even have a locked gate and armed security. Probably an inside job