Sep 27, 2006
a poll in la zeta:

22ciuo.jpg

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Do they have a poll about "ESPOSAS"??
That would be 100% in the "beating column", EVEN from the women!!!!!

"AY PAPI K C"!!!!!

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i voted in favour of the iron fist. i was beaten up and look what a nice person i am today.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Yes, it's a personal decision, but yes, government has the right to suggest a non-violent and non-abusive path. In a country with abuse of women and children still socially accepted, it's a start.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Yes, it's a personal decision, but yes, government has the right to suggest a non-violent and non-abusive path. In a country with abuse of women and children still socially accepted, it's a start.

Erm, men are just as beaten as women, only the police won't hear anything of it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In the school we are not allowed to touch the little darlings, no matter what they are doing or have done. Can't even suspend them, legally. All I have to do is touch my belt and they scatter so most of them must get the belt at home as well as the flip-flops. I'm of mixed mind on this. I received the belt on the hands in grade eight for fighting and yes it at least deferred the fighting until after school, off school property. Hurt like hell. My mother would whack us with whatever she could pick up and she wasn't particular whose kid was whose if she caught us doing wrong.
Times have changed. Reasoning does work with many children and there are alternate non-violent repercussions for misbehaviour but it's hard to take something away from a child that doesn't have much in the way of possessions or privileges.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
In the school we are not allowed to touch the little darlings, no matter what they are doing or have done. Can't even suspend them, legally. All I have to do is touch my belt and they scatter so most of them must get the belt at home as well as the flip-flops. I'm of mixed mind on this. I received the belt on the hands in grade eight for fighting and yes it at least deferred the fighting until after school, off school property. Hurt like hell. My mother would whack us with whatever she could pick up and she wasn't particular whose kid was whose if she caught us doing wrong.
Times have changed. Reasoning does work with many children and there are alternate non-violent repercussions for misbehaviour but it's hard to take something away from a child that doesn't have much in the way of possessions or privileges.

Times have changed. Even in France, I remember a professor who used to slap us (that was in middle school). My mother always told them in school to not touch me, she would take care of me if needed, which was way worse :)

It s hard to say, so many times, the beatings occur for the wrong reasons. For example, I remember growing up, a lot of kids would get beaten because they brought back bad grades but what is the point of beating a child cause he got an F ? A tutor would be more effective.

It breaks my heart because I remember in primary school, at least 3 girls in my classes who would be beaten up so bad, they would show me the scars afterward (one, her mother would pinched her skin on her stomach until she bled :( ), but I never thought anything of it because we were not taught about these stuffs. Now, that I look back, I am sure, it would be considered abuse (and it was !). So, I tend to think that it is an area where it doesn't hurt if the government is involved to a certain extend or at least have the kids/educator educated about these issues.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Completely depends on the childs personality. A friends mom used to make him kneel on uncooked rice after she got tired of whipping him with a belt. Today she would be arrested in the US for child abuse. A creative person will discover what works to cause the child to behave. Parenting is a ton of work. I am lazy so no kids, no decisions, no problems until i married a Dominicana with kids. Nothing I have tried has made the slighest change in Dom kids. I gave up and am waiting for them to move out. No sign of it yet but I still have hope.

Aug 6, 2006
I can see where spanking and paddling MIGHT be justified on rare occasions, but actually beating kids does more harm than good.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Spankings are deserved if a prescribed line (and penalty) is crossed.

As a parent it is my responsibility to raise my kids not someone elses.

That does not mean the belt is used as a SOP for any and all infractions, but sometimes immediate consequences must follow immediate actions. Like the time my boy thought it would be a good idea to stamp on a cat after I told him repeatedly not to do so.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
My grandmother would make us go out back and CUT OUR OWN switches. And, if it wasn't big enough, she'd whip us with it, and then say, "Now go and get me a bigger one, boy".
I don't feel at all scarred.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Physical punishment is sound and good and needed (just read the Bible).....I deserved most if not all the "whippings" I received.......The downside is a kid will lie to avoid a whipping ;)

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Hitting kids from a young age only installs bad ideas of what is right and wrong. I had my daughter at treasure island this afternoon. I witnessed a woman drag her boy across the room then commence smacking him while screaming 'you do not hit other people, I saw you slap that other boy', and smacking him while humiliating him infront of 40 odd kids. That is truely sh1t parenting, I felt like slapping her and telling her it was stupid to directly contradict what you are trying to install. :cross-eye

Status
Not open for further replies.