eBay ZERO buyer protection if shipped via freight forwarders

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Sorry if this was discussed before. But this may help others who buy items in eBay and use freight forwarders.

Just off the phone with eBay customer support. Lost over $100 in item's cost and return shipping. eBay customer service decided in seller's favour because of the following paragraph in their money back guarantee -

"Not covered - Items shipped to another address after original delivery."

My item was delivered to a courier warehouse in Miami, then 3 days later I received it. Opened the box, tested - the item is dead. Contacted the seller. Seller agreed to refund but told me to ship it back with the tracking number. Used InposDom - paid 915 pesos for approx 2 pound package. Took 2 weeks to USA. Shows it has been delivered. Contacted the seller and asked my money, the seller opens a case against me, because I did not ship the item back to him from the USA, but from another country. Called eBay customer service to appeal the case. Zero results - my case is not covered by eBay money back guarantee. As well as thousands of other buyers in other countries who use freight forwarders.

I have been buying on eBay and using courier companies for over 5 years now. This is the first time I lost money and the item and even paid more to return it to the seller. Now the seller has the item and my money.