How much to pay for Accomodatin in SD?

John

Jan 1, 2002
I should be relocating to SD in March time and am currently negotiating a contract and need to know how much would a nice three bedroom appartment cost to rent (furnished and unfurnished) in a nice part of town? I have been offered $1,500 US is this sufficient?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The money should be enough for a nicely furnished apartment, or a deluxe unfurnished apartment in an upscale area. I suggest you come and see for yourself prior to signing a contract. You also should choose where you will live depending on where your center of activities will be -- work and school. Check out the Living Section content that has lots of recommendations of what to look for in a dwelling here.

John

Jan 1, 2002
On Line accomodation agents?

Thanks Delores, I have been to the DR three times but never had the chance to look at accomodation prices.
I appreciate your help.
DO you know of any on line accomodation agents?

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
hey man, you stole my name. lol.
if you mean that you been offered a salary of 1,500/m, forget it.
just the 3 br apartment in an upscale area will cost you more than that.

Amilda/Expat

Jan 22, 2002
Accomodation in Dominican Republic

Hello John
This is a difficult question to answer. What is good for me not necessarily is good for you! But if you are interested next time you plan to come to the DR you can contact me and I will take you to visit some of the properties that we have on our list. My telephone number is 535-0787 and my cell is 545-9121. Also, if you have any other question I can be reach at e.betancourt@codetel.net.do. Good luck

doug

Jan 1, 2002
JohnEl unico

John....READ the post....he says he has 1500 for an apartment....do you really think a company is going to relocate someone for 1500 a month salery???? Com on John, that's 375(approx per week) I don't really think a company is going to relocate someone for the wages they pay at McDonalds in the States. I realize that you would'nt make this at Mickey Dees in SD, but someones not going to move to another countrie for 375 per week with a family!!!!! Am I missing something here or was your post just really a frezzebrain moment????