Dorado club Puerto Plata

muskrati

Jan 4, 2002
Hola i am going to this resort in early Feb. I would like ant info on the resort and good tours to do. I am bringing down some thins for ninos y ninas ...Is the best place to give these things at a church . To a priest ? I would also like to bu some real amber and cigars . Thanks for any help. Garr

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Nice place to stay.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay.
The staff is very dedicated and they want you to have a good time.
As for the things you are bringing for children, I am sure that there will be some positive answers given here. There are several posters that are doing good thins in POP and the surrounding area.

With regards to ambar, you should probably go to town and near the Ambar Museum, there are several shops.

AS for cigars, there are some available in the Mall that is just across thestreet from where you are staying. I cannot recommend any of the Cuban cigars, since Ithink that they are all fake/counterfeit. But the Dominican cigars are very good for the most part. If you come to Santiago, we can go to the Nacional Supermarket and see their selection, or I can take you to a factory..

HB

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out the Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete and Playa Grande sections of DR1 Travel. Return to the main page section of Travel and see the side bar to the right. Lots of information on what to do in these north coast destinations.

For instance, here is the link to the Puerto Plata section.

http://dr1.com/travel/puertoplata/

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
We found 2 ambar museums in POP. I think the one that looks like an old plantation is the 'real' one. Although, the other one has some interesting exhibits, and you can watch someone roll cigars (they do have some for sale too) and you can purchase 'mama juana' there.
Anybody know of the quality of the cigars or mama juana there?