Dominican Spanish without Words

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
I have found an interesting collection of signals used here:

Come here: puff lower lip slightly thrust head back and return it more slowly.

They are cheapskates: arm bent at elbow raise elbow a little (hand near ear) and lightly slap elbowwith opposite hand.

CoochiCoochie: rub pointy fingers sdide on usually outer side of leg. Ok to say CoochieCoochie but not necessary.

Gay: place left palm over right hand palm down, wiggle all fingers.

Please add more and try to keep Dominican only. One finger salute would not qualify.

Tom

The wiggle of the nose can be a thread on its own, you need to study Dominicans especially the women and the nose and mouth combinations can tell you everything you want to know. It is to hard to go into in a thread without actual video of the movements, My advise to anyone spending any length of time in DR is listen to what people say but watch the nose and mouth,the non verbal communication trumps what ever they are saying

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
The wiggle of the nose can be a thread on its own, you need to study Dominicans especially the women and the nose and mouth combinations can tell you everything you want to know. It is to hard to go into in a thread without actual video of the movements, My advise to anyone spending any length of time in DR is listen to what people say but watch the nose and mouth,the non verbal communication trumps what ever they are saying

First finger pointed down by leg others doubled move up\down [Lets get it on]