Moving to DR

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
For the expats living in DR what were the reasons for you settling in your present location.
was it for infastructor and services ,location or family .

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Hormones

For the expats living in DR what were the reasons for you settling in your present location.
was it for infastructor and services ,location or family .

Hormones... :laugh:
But I am glad I did move where I am. ;)

donP

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Security, proximity to centre, good level of services, quiet area. But most of all, the house we liked was in this spot.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Ex esposa, super cold beer, a complete change from an organized life, great variation in topography, great beach time, lack of rules............oh and at that time ease of obtaining residency.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Primarily, access to English speaking expats and locals while our Spanish improves. Good house for rent for a reasonable price. Familiarity with the area.

Apr 10, 2006
We bought land in a nice place. It is kind of close to my in-laws (which is not so great) but my husband wanted it that way. Close to most things but a little father out than most venture. Nice breeze where we are building our house.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We bought our land so long ago [35+yrs] that the only thing I remember is that it was at Mr. AE's favorite beach since childhood. Now we get in the car and drive to another beach :)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
"INFRASTRUCTURE & SECURITY"????????

WHERE MIGHT that be????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Well CC, one of Mr. AE's brothers lives in a gorgeous home in Las Praderas, gated community, guard at the gate 24/7, easy to forget you're in DR there. To me the houses are too large, too close and too "American", I'd feel safe but "crowded", but to each is own.

It depends on what the OP is looking for.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Obviously, the law abiding citizenship along with their appreciation and preservation of the environment.