Dog Update

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9adMIVOvQMVMTRfVTNwUERMX2M&authuser=0

On May 14 I flew Delta from Toronto to JFK to SDQ. My first flight was 6am. Arrived at airport at 4am. Dogs had zero interest in getting in their crates so at this point I was a little worried. Took over an hour to check in dogs, staff was rude and was rushed through security and customs. Got on plane at 5:59am. Arrived in New York at 8am. Went to baggage claim to get dogs. Delta staff there were awesome. Gave me lots of water for the dogs and showed me where the pet relief area was. Had an 8 hour layover. Next flight was at 4pm. This time the dogs had no problem getting in their crates. Took well over an hour again to check the dogs in as staff seems to never have dealt with pets before. The crate doors were not secured with zip ties at either airport, which I was told would happen when I made my reservation. Arrived in Boca Chica at 8pm. Temperature was fine, dogs paper work was looked at, dogs were looked at, more paperwork was filled out, and then I paid $20US for the dogs. The only problem was my luggage containing the dog food had not been loaded on the plane in Toronto and I had to wait until the next afternoon for it.

Cooper loves it here. I take him swimming with me at the beach and then he rolls around in the sand :/ lol.

Franco is very skittish which is weird because he is the puppy that is originally from here. But in all fairness he was skittish from birth so I guess it is just his personality. I hope he grows out of it though.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
if you can ever schedule between Nov 1 and May1,

you'll find WestJet to be very helpful and easy for animals

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
hehe and why is that ? do they smell Dominican ? can they smell different skin color ?
the dogs just dont like people who do harm to them, they have no clue who is Dominican or Russian
Glad it worked out well!

Franco is probably scared you are bring him back here for good! Not many of the dogs I have rescued like Dominican people.

Have a good vacation.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
Franco hates all the noise and commotion. Hopefully seeing Cooper cope well will help him adjust. I'm staying here with a Dominican and all his relatives love my dogs. They are always taking Cooper for walks. Funny how almost all the people here are scared to death of my quiet, healthy, neutered, on-leash dogs but don't bat an eye at the hundreds of sickly, aggressive, intact male dogs that constantly bark and lunge at people.