New member from *drum roll* Santo Domingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

damnitsarah

May 26, 2015
Hi My name is Sarah. I'm 100% dominican, aaand obviously new to the forum. I'm hoping to make friends, give aadvice, yada yada yada.

I love football.

There. How's that for an intro? :3

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Have you lived in the states .Your wording and vernacular tend to make me think some years in the U.S. Or American parents Sara is not exactly a Spanish name. Welcome I'm sure you will be a asset to Dr1l

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Have you lived in the states .Your wording and vernacular tend to make me think some years in the U.S. Or American parents Sara is not exactly a Spanish name. Welcome I'm sure you will be a asset to Dr1l

I know a bunch of locals with that name. It's on the bible!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sara is a common Spanish name. Usually spelled without the "h" though.
I know lots of Dominicans, most of whom went to bilingual schools, who speak perfect or almost perfect English without ever having lived in an English-speaking country.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi My name is Sarah. I'm 100% dominican, aaand obviously new to the forum. I'm hoping to make friends, give aadvice, yada yada yada.

I love football.

There. How's that for an intro? :3

Where are you currently living and if it is NYC I'm assuming you mean the NFL. Give us some more details. We are noisy. Bienvenida.

damnitsarah

May 26, 2015
Yayyyy so many replies! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Is it possible you have lived in the US?

I know lots of Dominicans, most of whom went to bilingual schools, who speak perfect or almost perfect English without ever having lived in an English-speaking country.

Chirimoya said it best. I went to a bilingual school as a kid, that's pretty much it. I've visited the US a million times though, I have a zillion aunts and uncles in Nuevayol [like any other dominican hahahaha :')]

I guess you meant futbol, the soccer kind?
Where are you currently living and if it is NYC I'm assuming you mean the NFL. Give us some more details. We are noisy. Bienvenida.

Thanks! and yes, I mean football as in the FIFA football kind. The US is possibly the only country in the world that refers to football as soccer. I meant to ask what is american football as a joke:

The only football there is. What is american football?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

I didn't attend a bilingual school, but I was already fluent in English before I could travel abroad.Gringos always ask me if I have lived in The States before.

Status
Not open for further replies.