reasonable flight costs

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
Can those of you who fly regularly to the DR can give me an idea of what a reasonable cost for flight-only is?
I searching around, and from Canada, it seems that mostly there's only charters available, and there's not much for under $1000 for flight only (which seems high to me).
Any ideas?

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
I have never paid more that $600 CAN (taxes incl.) for my flight and I don't go all-inclusive. This is flying out of Toronto into La Romana. I've been searching the sunholidays website and I've seen prices from $400 - $700, depending when you are flying. I plan to fly to SD late Feb., but I haven't booked anything yet, usually I save some money when I book closer to the date. Hope that helps.

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, it does help some, Thank you. :)
Perhaps the reason I was getting such expensive costs was that I was searching for flights out of Montreal or Ottawa instead of Toronto and looking to fly direct to Punta Cana (which, I beleive, is a much smaller airport?).
Will change my search options and see if I can some up with something more reasonable.

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
one mre question

One more thing... will the death of Canada3000 have effect on the cost of flying to DR?