Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Candian Passport Renewal?

Has anyone renewed a Canadian passport at the Canadian embassy in Santo Domingo recently?
    Were They Helpful? Do they supply the form or do you have to download/print from the internet?
    I know that itís a $260 CAD fee, but how was it paid at the embassy in USD, pesos or Canadian cash?
    How much was the consular fee? Was there any other charges? Is there a place close to the embassy to take the pictures?

I have to renew my passport soon and would like to be prepare before going to Santo Domingo. Hope that I can avoid the Dominican run around and settle this in one visit. (Or maybe I should say the Canadian run aroundÖ..haha!)

XTraveller

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

photos on the opposite side of the road just before you get to the building where the embassy is. Just ask and people will tell you where it is. You can pay either cash or CC and they will take pesos. You can getthe form there but it is easier to do at home on the computer. Yes very friendly and efficient.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SDQ and POP

Quote Originally Posted by XTraveller View Post
    Has anyone renewed a Canadian passport at the Canadian embassy in Santo Domingo recently?
    Were They Helpful? Do they supply the form or do you have to download/print from the internet?
    I know that itís a $260 CAD fee, but how was it paid at the embassy in USD, pesos or Canadian cash?
    How much was the consular fee? Was there any other charges? Is there a place close to the embassy to take the pictures?

I have to renew my passport soon and would like to be prepare before going to Santo Domingo. Hope that I can avoid the Dominican run around and settle this in one visit. (Or maybe I should say the Canadian run aroundÖ..haha!)

XTraveller

Canadian Offices in Dominican Republic

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

if you are located in the North you can do renewed it in Puerto Plata too !

I know that it’s a $260 CAD fee, but how was it paid at the embassy in USD, pesos or Canadian cash?

I have to renew my passport soon and would like to be prepare before going to Santo Domingo. Hope that I can avoid the Dominican run around and settle this in one visit. (Or maybe I should say the Canadian run around…..haha!)

XTraveller

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Call the office before you go to see what specific thing you have to do for your renewal,-let your fingers do the walking so to speak.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

They also answer e-mails.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I find this embassy non useful. The last time I was there it was staffed by an emotionless dominican women who seemed rude.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You can pay cash in CAD or pesos (US not accepted) or with Visa or Mastercard. For a 10 year passport the total is 260CAD, no other fees required. You might want to check first if you qualify for the Simplified Renewal (no guarantor or birth certificate needed) or a regular application (where both are needed). You can find the forms at Bienvenue - Passeport Canada / Welcome - Passport Canada and select for Canadians abroad.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

renewed mine in puerto plata, they were awesome at the embassy and it was really easy and fast.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that it’s a $260 CAD fee, but how was it paid at the embassy in USD, pesos or Canadian cash?

I have to renew my passport soon and would like to be prepare before going to Santo Domingo. Hope that I can avoid the Dominican run around and settle this in one visit. (Or maybe I should say the Canadian run around…..haha!)

XTraveller
    I have a friend in Puerto Plata that renewed his there .No need to go to Santo Domingo if you are on North Coast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast