New Hotel - Price Reduction $565 a night

Status
Not open for further replies.

GringoInParadise

May 19, 2015

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
One can only assume your point is some people can happily afford to spend a certain amount for a hotel room, but you can't....!!
Why do you want to highlight you have not been successful enough in life. ?

So.....?

maybe if he considers success in life to be the ability to afford a high priced hotel, yes. if he uses different metrics, then maybe not.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
One can only assume your point is some people can happily afford to spend a certain amount for a hotel room, but you can't....!!
Why do you want to highlight you have not been successful enough in life. ?

So.....?

Splendid example of totally missing the point!! Ten points.

Sosua is known for economical and, let's say, opportunist vacations and as such, an elevated price seems unjustified for such a destination and even with the price reduction, is a ridiculous amount to ask for the "attractions" offered in Sosua.

i.e..
You would have to be totally daft to spend that much to come here...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Sosua is known for economical and, let's say, opportunist vacations and as such, an elevated price seems unjustified for such a destination and even with the price reduction, is a ridiculous amount to ask for the "attractions" offered in Sosua.

i.e..

i guess he would spend it to show others how successful he is.

GringoInParadise

May 19, 2015

i.e..

I spent a long weekend just down the road from it in Casa Colonial. $1100 per night. Enjoyed every minute. I'm looking forward to going back. When you can't afford it, you just simply don't understand. Same goes for the others. You just don't get it.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I spent a long weekend just down the road from it in Casa Colonial. $1100 per night. Enjoyed every minute. I'm looking forward to going back. When you can't afford it, you just simply don't understand. Same goes for the others. You just don't get it.

Casa Colonial is over 30 minutes away in Playa Dorado, just in case you need to find it!
' looks like their most expensive Suite is $535 + impuestos Pinocchio.

The Gansevoort is in Playa Imbert in Sosua.
You seem to have a lot of hatred toward this board, why bother posting?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Bighead Style

Even if I wanted to spend that much money on a hotel night, I'd refrain from bragging about it.
Bad style, ostentatious.

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

so, the toilet seat is made of gold. i guess that when you sit on it, you dump Rolex watches.

all righty , then.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I think most people would be surprised at what some people spend per night at the high end places in Sosua/Cabarete. $500 is on the lower end.

Aug 6, 2006
Even if I wanted to spend that much money on a hotel night, I'd refrain from bragging about it.
Bad style, ostentatious.

donP

Rather like lighting cigars with $100 bills, or wearing Mr T's bling around one's neck, perhaps.

Feb 7, 2007
And the turns the life can make can be quite painful. Just ask Eike Batista, who went from owning 30 billion to owing a billion. From being world's #7 top billionaire in 2011-2012 to being penny broke in 2014.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I think most people would be surprised at what some people spend per night at the high end places in Sosua/Cabarete. $500 is on the lower end.

It would be difficult to find a room in Sosua and Cabarete for 500 U.S a night. You can rent a large casa at sea horse for 500 a night

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Sosua does not have the client base to support a 500 dollar a night establishment. Not even if you throw in chicas

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It's a very nice view , the Gansevoort... good enough restaurant and food

The building itself ain't so good.... very low ceilings in the suite I visited (see that 'visited')...
didn't pay to stay

and you need to drive past all of Sosewer to get to it

Had I been a paying guest, I would have destroyed my credit cards and checkbook as I drove through the masses.

Not for me.

Colonial too, suffers from a poor location , IMO.....

Catch as catch can..... c'est la vie

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The lunch was really good... sushi and I forget what else....

beach? small & skinny

Other clientele ?? Young NYorkers...... easy on the eye
Ages - In the 30-low40's....

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010

I didn't actually say that there weren't any people with more money than sense prepared to pay.............

Never underestimate the power of marketing.
Perfume,jewellery and hotels are the proof..

Status
Not open for further replies.